Dell inspiron 15R N5110 Dedicated Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibn Saeed

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
Hello

I have purchased Dell inspiron 15R N5110 i5 with 1GB Nvidia GT525.

It also has Intels integrated Graphics card as well

how can I make windows 7 use nVidia's graphics card as the main ?

The computer is reasonable fast, but not fast enough, i had expected it to be fast since being i5 with sandy bridge.

I want to make sure its Sandy bridge, which software tool can i use to check it ?

Ibn Saeed

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
I went to the display adapter being used

im using Windows 7 Home Premium

i went to

Appearance and Personalization -> Display -> Screen Resolution -> Opened "Advanced Setting"

Under Adapter, it shows " Intel (R) HD Graphics Family "

I need it to use nvidia's GT525 graphics card.

How do it?

Ibn Saeed

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
i just ran CPU-z and under Graphics

Display Device Selection = Intel (R) HD Graphics Family

How can I change the setting in windows 7 to use only nVidia graphics card, Intel grahics is lame and slow.

Ibn Saeed

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
I think i changed it

I Right clicked on a Desktop Icon and i saw " Run with Graphics processor " option.

I clicked on it and saw the 3 optoins, the last one read " Change Default Graphics processor"

I changed it to nvidia.

I think ill have to test the system to see if there is an improvement

So far, the opening nVidia Control Panel is very slow, and it goes to " Not Responding" .

the configuration for which video card is used is done through optimus, which I believe you should be able to access from intel graphics video card settings.
Look in control panel for either of graphic chip control features and maybe there's even a separate optimus menu.

that said, keep in mind that optimus works in a "per program/process" basis (I'm not sure exactly which is it). But you will have to set which videocard to use for every program you run.

in terms of checking your hardware, CPU-Z is a good one, hwmonitor is another nice program that can also pull your sensor data.

in terms of computer being fast, you have to keep in mind that it's not only the cpu that makes the machine tick, you also got RAM, HDD. Look at the windows experience index, it'll tell you which component is the slowest for running windows.

Ibn Saeed

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007

Here is the Performance Index Snapshot
9980771_3201636c0b_o.png

sorry, I don't have the time at the moment to do the research on the problem. I don't have any hands-on experience with Optimus.

Try looking for manual for Optimus configuration or online solutions for configuring optimus vs intel.

if not I will probably have time by friday to do some reasearch

Ibn Saeed

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007

No problem

Theres no hurry

teja123

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
if u wan to use ur graphics card first install all the drivers that laptop needs then
before using any application or game just right click and check for option use graphic processor and choose ur graphic card

teja123

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
if u wan to use ur graphics card first install all the drivers that laptop needs then
before using any application or game just right click and check for option use graphic processor and choose ur graphic card

kousik1987

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
Uninstall both display driver. then install only the Nvidia driver. Try to install the update one. hope it will solve the problem.

I have some some question for u too. I am willing to buy the same model. Can u tell me how long u use this laptop & how it performed ?

dvs_5

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
i have dell n-5110 leptop and can u provide the dell vidio all drivers in 32 bit ...

my leptop resolution change and not be work game .

help me >>>>>>>>>>>>>

shyking_82

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012

I have bought n5110 core i7, 8 GB, with windows 7 installed. You need to find out which model your notebook has then go to http://www.geforce.com/Drivers and download your graphic card's updated driver. Mine is NVIDIA® GeForce® GT525M.
I hope it help.

nazuj

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Hello Ibn Saeed

i also have the same laptop specs as you and i have noticed that you can't switch manually from integrated (main) to nVidia (sub).

it all occures automatically and smoothly according the the system performances requirements when gaming and i must say it is quite enjoyable!

if you want to use only the nVidia's GPU, use you HDMI output.

it will switch from integrated to nVidia for default display.

try it and let me know.

Jaabir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS