Problems after installing new microcode

explosiveoctopus

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Okay so, here goes.

I bought a new Core 2 Duo E8400 (I think, don't think the model will really matter) for my HP Compaq dc5800 Microtower. I got an error after installing the processor saying that I needed a new microcode update. So after long hours of trying to figure out how to install it, I finally got DOS flash running on a USB stick and got the microcode update. So I boot up Windows 7 and it Blue Screens. Then it tries to run a System Repair thing, blue screens. So I try Safe Mode and it works. I have no clue how I could fix this so I restarted and tried to run my previous OS (Vista) and it works. I have no clue what the problem could be and I don't know how to get dumps or anything so a link to a tutorial or anybody telling me how would be great. Also, it could have to do with that Vista is installed on a separate hard drive, if that helps.

Anyways, sorry if I'm not giving enough info to get help from this, but any help at all would be appreciated.

explosiveoctopus

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

First of all, don't bump your thread! :non: :non:
We are a busy bunch and will get to you as quick as possible.

Sounds like someone needs to freshin' up on the forum rules.

Go HERE for more help!

As for your issue, is upgrading the processor supported on your particular PC?

I know with the majority of HP computers I've used over the years (which has been many) they use a proprietary motherboard setup that usually doesn't allow an upgraded processor. You may want to make sure that this isn't the case.