Hp Compaq nx6320 win7 drivers

Can you help me find Win7 drivers for an HP Compaq nx6320 laptop?
Thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about compaq nx6320 win7 drivers
  1. HP do not have any Windows 7 drivers for the Compaq nx6320 Notebook, so you can stop looking. Only HP can supply the correct drivers for HP computers. When a new OS is released, the manufacturer's have to decide which models will get new drivers, and which models will not. Unfortunately yours is one they have decided not to support beyond Windows Vista.
  2. yoliver said:
    Thanks

Thanks. I suspected that might be the case. I couldn't get thr sound card to work so I'm using a USB card. So far the system is working.
  3. Having the same problems on my Compaq NC 6120. HP download of driver that supports Vista will not install, as the OS is different
  4. yoliver said:
    yoliver said:
    Thanks

Thanks. I suspected that might be the case. I couldn't get thr sound card to work so I'm using a USB card. So far the system is working.

If you got an HP/Compaq nx6320 with Win7 running everything except the sound, can you advise how you successfully loaded it? When I try to do an installation, it keeps asking for an additional driver without telling me what that driver is or does.

I have two of these machines that have provided sterling service over the years, so if I can eek a few more years out of them with Win 7 that would be wonderful. If the sound hardware can be properly identified (as opposed to 1000 different chips out there all called "AC97"), then a non-HP driver should be installable.

By the time that expires, I should be able to put them safely on the Linux pile.
  5. Treknology said:
    yoliver said:
    yoliver said:
    Thanks

If you got an HP/Compaq nx6320 with Win7 running everything except the sound, can you advise how you successfully loaded it? When I try to do an installation, it keeps asking for an additional driver without telling me what that driver is or does.

I have two of these machines that have provided sterling service over the years, so if I can eek a few more years out of them with Win 7 that would be wonderful. If the sound hardware can be properly identified (as opposed to 1000 different chips out there all called "AC97"), then a non-HP driver should be installable.

By the time that expires, I should be able to put them safely on the Linux pile.

I am using the driver that Win7 downloaded for me: https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10552568_10153151361275995_6345788379986660579_n.jpg?oh=11b05bdc621dbe8df44f38f6421eea3e&oe=54706742
    The one I had trouble with was the card reader. E-mail me if you would like the drivers I collected to make it all work.

Charles.
    pub_on_net@hotmail.com
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Laptops Hewlett Packard Compaq Windows 7