AthlonXP 1800 and A7V266 problem

G

Hello all, first time posting here. I use the site for information, but have never had a question I couldn't find an answer to until now.

I recently built a new machine. When I first started up, the CPU was set to run at 1.15ghz in the BIOS. I changed the setting to 1.53ghz (like it should be) and the other settings are locked, so they automatically changed. When I reboot, the system hangs. It does not even get as far as checking RAM, drives, etc. It just hangs there, doing nothing. When I set it back to 1.15ghz it runs just fine and dandy, however thats not what I intended to run at.

I've updated the BIOS, all drivers are updated and installed, and still no dice. I talked to AMD and they said my VCORE should be set to 1.75, however, I can only change it from 1.8, 1.825 and 1.85. I can't find anything on the Asus website on this issue, so I'm asking for some advice or suggestions here.

Here is a brief rundown of the system specs.

Asus A7V266 motherboard
512mb DDR Ram
300watt power supply
AMD AthlonXP 1800+ processor

Thanks in advance.

G

Nevermind, had an incorrect jumper setting on the board. ;)

FatBurger

Illustrious
Glad to help, let us know if you have any other problems :)

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>