pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
what are you asking exactly?
who uses amd or intel?
who likes amd or intel?
which should you buy, amd or intel?
try to be a little more specific.

I don't claim to know anything about everything, I just tell people what I know.
-PSB

dhlucke

Polypheme
Yes we know. It's also the worst thread ever.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
oh yay!

vague flame inducing post asking nothing in particular with bad spelling as a bonus! :)

Excuse me for a moment. I need to drive my ergonomic wheely chair over a sheet of bubble wrap!

balzi

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Well,
you could probably tell which one it is by looking at the label..
but I expect the label has come off (how??) or you wouldn't have asked that.

so here's some really quick tips on figuring our which processor you have..

first reasonably accurate test is to try to jam it in a socket.
Try a Socket 478 or 423..
then a Socket 462...
then a socket 370....

when you bend your leads very which way and your techie friend.. says "you idiot".. that means you don't have a CPU that fits tht socket.

Second test..
set a weak blow torch to flame away at your CPU .. then tell the CPU to run at 1GHz.. if it says "NO, 500MHz" it's a P4.. if it says nothing, it's a Athlon.

last test.. and the most important..
get a lead pencil... and scribble all over your processor.. even better get you 12 month old daughter to do it... if it now runs faster.. It's an Athlon.. if it just looks silly and performs the same.. it's Pentium of some sort.

of course some people will tell you to jsut buy the right motherboard and then plug you CPu in and watch the BOIS screen.. but these people are not omnicient like me.. so I hope that clears up some stuff.

Balzi - master of the unseen world of foolishness (laced with fact.. kinda) hehe

"I spilled coffee all over my wife's nighty... ...serves me right for wearing it?!?"

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
Haven't seen you before; I bet you're from geekizoid.com. First time trolling? Sorry. It just seems too obvious.

You see, you gotta <i>emote</i> more when you troll. You've got to forget all nervousness and all logic, they'll just bog down your performance.

<i>/me produces a professional camera.</i>

Come on, gimme some personal insults. Something scathing, something about mothers and whores. Make me <i>feel</i> something. Come on, you're getting it. Don't feel ashamed, we're all professionals here.

Come on, <i>flame</i> the camera, <i>flame</i> the camera. Make it <i>furious!</i>

Good, good, OK, now try some FUD. Come on, make up a story about a burning CPU or a BSOD that makes people get up and threaten to <i>kick your ass!</i> Give me arrogance, right, uplifted chin, scornful eyes, yeah, you got it! Come on, keep it coming...damn, you're losing it. Cut!

Ok, everyone take five. I'll be in my trailer.

(sorry all, I couldn't resist)

Kelledin
<A HREF="http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/" target="_new">LFS</A>: "You don't eat or sleep or mow the lawn; you just hack your distro all day long."

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Both make CPUs.

The soution: Toss a coin, heads for intel, tails for AMD!

<font color=red>No system is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Both make CPUs.

The solution: Toss a coin, heads for intel, tails for AMD!

<font color=red>No system is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
[rant coming on]
i think there should be some kind of survey that you have to take to gain access to the boards. whether this is a troll attempt or a legitimate post, there seems to be so many of these type posts. no, i'm not saying newbies to computers shouldn't be helped. but it certainly doesn't take a genious to read up on somethings to get a basis or at least an understanding, then come back and ask more relevant questions. getting at least one post a week asking "which is the best kt266a mobo" is getting redundant. especially when there are 2 of the exact posts on the previous page. sorry, it just gets tiring to see the first 2 pages or so of each forum taken up by flame wars or questions that could even be answered by reading thg's homepage, or even previous forum pages.
[/rant over]

tlaughrey

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
I don't think there's much of a point, but it allows people to blow off steam or say things they wouldn't normally say in other threads. Kind of a stream of consciousness thread, free form, free posts, whatever you want it to be.

<i>Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.</i>

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<font color=blue>"Second test..
set a weak blow torch to flame away at your CPU .. then tell the CPU to run at 1GHz.. if it says "NO, 500MHz" it's a P4.. if it says nothing, it's a Athlon.

last test.. and the most important..
get a lead pencil... and scribble all over your processor.. even better get you 12 month old daughter to do it... if it now runs faster.. It's an Athlon.. if it just looks silly and performs the same.. it's Pentium of some sort"</font color=blue>

Very good! lol! :)

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
"so here's some really quick tips on figuring our which processor you have.."
"first reasonably accurate test is to try to jam it in a socket."

are you writting from experience?

<A HREF="http://www.moron-tech.com?supbid=iknowyou'llclickthisdumbass!.net" target="_new">is this your website?</A>

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

G

You guys need to stop getting mad at Balzi or guys like him. His post was hilarious and a nice change of pace from the normal flaming that goes on.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Why is this thread still here? It's hogging bandwidth.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

eden

Champion
This reboot is an idiot, he doesn't even reply, or post more details, and expects us to answer him. He's an ass and most likely a troll...
Sorry I am in rage but I hate people who write for nothing.

dhlucke

Polypheme
This thread is the reason why we need a moderator. I'm not saying that we should ban anyone or delete the thread, but it definitely should be moved.