I'm planning to buy a Dell XPS 17 laptop, with the 1920x1080 FHD display. I've chosen dell over HP, and quad-core over dual-core, and my last decision is whether to get the Multi-Touch display. I won't be using it a lot - I telecommute, so it would come in very handy for doing whiteboard diagrams during online meetings with clients and coworkers. But apart from that, I don't want to be adding wear to my display by pawing at it daily .
My concerns are:
1) Does the touch functionality have any negative effect on visual quality (brightness, sharpness, color, etc)?
2) Other than the impact of wear due to touching of the screen, are there any reliability issues?
3) Can I clean the screen with screen-cleaning sprays, or would that damage the touch-capability?
4) Is the screen heat or pressure sensitive? I.e, could I use something other than my finger (soft plastic stylus or even a Q-tip!) instead of my finger, both to get more precision, and to keep the screen clean?
5) Is the touch control only available in certain applications? For instance, will I be able to use it in Windows Paint or MS Office apps, or other drawing programs?
Hello and welcome to the forums
The new XPS 17 doesn't come with a multi-touch display and outdated CPUs.Also a multi-touch laptop isn't really easy to work with;furthermore;Win7 isn't very touch friendly either