1600+ something really wierd

G

On nov 24 I bought a 1600+ cpu and an asus a7v266-e motherboard. At first everything was cool then two days later the bios reported an error in the cpu settings and stated my cpu was now a 1700+ cpu. And two days ago the bios claimed I had another error in my settings, and apparently I now have a 1900+ cpu. What the hell is going on, I need to know.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
hmmm... sounds like what u have is an overclockers wet dream!

could be a flakey bios...
have u tried running WCPUID to find out if, in fact, your multipliers are changing?

wouldnt want it to keep going up as u wouldnt be able to use it in short order!

and no pesky younger brothers around by any chance?

Excuse me for a moment. I need to drive my ergonomic wheely chair over a sheet of bubble wrap!

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
up to a xp1900? sheesh, i highly doubt it's actually reaching that clock. if you're using anything less than a really good heatsink i think that thing would've locked up or be toast by now.

[insert philosophical statement here]

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Actually thats not too much of an overclock, if he had a decent 1600+ it could hit 1900+ with the stock heatsink!

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
this is AMD's secret weapon: the lying CPU, it'll keep lying and lying everytime you shut-down it will come up with a new lie with every boot up.

but this lie begins to crumble when it's face to face with a 1.6GHz 512K P3.

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

FatBurger

Illustrious
this is AMD's secret weapon: the lying CPU, it'll keep lying and lying everytime you shut-down it will come up with a new lie with every boot up.

lol
That'd be pretty funny, actually. "I have SSE2!" "I have a 1GHz bus!" "I have 2MB of L1!"

but this lie begins to crumble when it's face to face with a 1.6GHz 512K P3.

Give it up, Meltdown. We all know that that link lead to a benchmark showing the XP winning.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>