nvidia set to buy amd !!!

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
<A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/06120115.htm" target="_new">http://www.theinquirer.net/06120115.htm</A>

OMG it's an evil empire in the makings.

Nice Nvidia and ATi users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
*caugh*tabloid*cough* - old gossip.

ROFL they will not get controlling intrest in SGI, sorry folks.

That was pure speculation (article date 6/12/2001)

FatBurger

Illustrious
That's a European date, so it's December 5th, 2001.

Translated quote:
With a wild Internet rumor a Russian play Website " Russian Gaming World " shocks the AMD municipality. The message reads itself there, how might provide from a Wirtschaftsthriller and for some riot. Nvidia sold November 20 million own shares to at the end of and supplemented thus the war checkout around full 2 billion Marks. The Macher of the Russian Website assumes now the diagram chip manufacturer AMD wants to buy - or SGI. Allegedly, so the Russian Website, has Nvidia still additionally 1 billion dollar on the high edge. Their speculation support the note that between Nvidia and AMD since more jeher good contacts prevail. PC WORLD means: 3dfx-Fans correctly digested the shock from the last year not yet, and AMD fans the same dilemma already threaten? For Nvidia the purchase of AMD would surely be a large step inside into the processor market. Only since short Nvidia has a Main board chip record for AMD computers in the supply. The whole is however (for the time being) only a wild Internet rumor, as one finds it everywhere in the Internet, if one stoebert deeply enough.

The Inquirer is right though, the Russian site doesn't mention anything about this.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Okay when ST Microelectronics makers of PowerVR what to buy it looks like.

AMD is a dead company. Rumors are going wilder then ever that of AMD being sold.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Okay when ST Microelectronics makers of PowerVR what to buy it looks like.

Can you rephrase that? I'm not sure what you're saying.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Flattering they would set their sights on us.

What could they possibly want other than our flawless reputation and good looks? numaflex or CBS licenses? We are already part of the hypertransport consorteum.

Nvidia would have easy pickings with Apple due to the failing relationship with Motorola. Apple will buy all Power PC assets from Motorola, IBM buy buy all Altavec assets from Motorola.
G5 is a little behind schedule but wil be available in very limited quantities.

ksoth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I don't believe that at all. I don't think nVidia could afford to buy AMD. AMD's book value is about $3.5 billion. nVidia does not have that much stock or cash to be able to purchase AMD. If anything, you'd see a merger before any type of buyout.

"Trying is the first step towards failure."

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
"Okay when ST Microelectronics makers of PowerVR what to buy it looks like." - my decoder ring is unable to process this line of code.

It would be funny if the money Nvidia made from Xbox deal was enough to buy AMD. Nvidia would be able to set AMD on a better path than it currently is. AMD has no respect for buyers atm, this is a poor stance to take to get a cheaper CPU to market.

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
It would be funny if the money Nvidia made from Xbox deal was enough to buy AMD. Nvidia would be able to set AMD on a better path than it currently is. AMD has no respect for buyers atm, this is a poor stance to take to get a cheaper CPU to market.

I think fugger would want a Nvidia AthlonXP over a Intel P4.

hey this pile crap over there will give you magic powers if you eat it!!! seriously! it's true! i read it on a website!

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>

FatBurger

Illustrious
I think FUGGER is just upset because AMDs stock is higher than SGIs :)

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Heh AMD_Man your right, Nvidia would raise the price significantly.

I also agree that Nvidia doesnt have enough to buy AMD and its licences.

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I think your upset that Intel stock is higher than AMD.

At least you can make lots of money on SGI stock atm. were up about 600ish percent in past 60 days. more than I can say for AMD...

FatBurger

Illustrious
nVidia's stock is doing quite well, though.

I'm just giving you a hard time about SGI's stock, don't worry about it too much.

Unfortunately, my mutual fund has done down the toilet since I bought it. Too late to back out now though. I'll just have to look for other places to put my extra money.

charliec2uk

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2001
That can't be right. Intels market cap is $ 223,539,000,000. Look it up on Nasdaq (stock symbol INTC). If AMD were only worth 3.5 billion then Intel would just buy them out. Or that would make sense.

Take my advice, I don't use it anyway.

ksoth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Intel couldn't just buy out AMD. First, AMD wouldn't sell to Intel. Second, if they tried the government would say "no, no, no" because that would clearly create an anti-competitive monopoly.

"Trying is the first step towards failure."