Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Jucheck.exe

Last response: in Windows 7
May 20, 2010 12:47:47 AM

I have a new DELL precision with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
I have done a serch of C: drive and found jucheck.exe in four places.
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin
C:\Windows\System32
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin
C:\Windows\SysWOW64
I have also read the this is a update program for Java and it is OK when located in it's proper place and that it should not be in the Windows system area.
My question is sould I just uninstall JAVA and reinstall it or leave it alone since all four of the files a date modified prior to going onto the internet?

David
My gut tells my it is just fine because of the date.

More about : jucheck exe

a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
May 20, 2010 7:05:11 AM

dhofman said:
I have a new DELL precision with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
I have done a serch of C: drive and found jucheck.exe in four places.
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin
C:\Windows\System32
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin
C:\Windows\SysWOW64
I have also read the this is a update program for Java and it is OK when located in it's proper place and that it should not be in the Windows system area.
My question is sould I just uninstall JAVA and reinstall it or leave it alone since all four of the files a date modified prior to going onto the internet?

David
My gut tells my it is just fine because of the date.

[#0005ff]Your gut may be right, Gibbs :D  but I don't like the look at that reference to WOW64. Do you really have a folder of that name?[/#000ff]

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
May 20, 2010 4:55:20 PM

The file is ok, but I always go into Control Panel, Java and turn off the autoupdate. Unless you know an update fixes something you need, it may break other sites that have been working so it may not be worthwhile.
Related resources
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
May 20, 2010 6:34:27 PM

Onus said:
The file is ok, but I always go into Control Panel, Java and turn off the autoupdate. Unless you know an update fixes something you need, it may break other sites that have been working so it may not be worthwhile.

May be just a typo then - I thought WOW64 was a folder in its own right to be a valid one.

May 27, 2010 4:02:56 PM

Best answer selected by dhofman.
!