Sign in with
Your question

Funny pc problem

Last response: in Windows 7
February 11, 2013 2:42:13 PM

Anyone know why I have to go into gamerprofile files and change directx from earlier to later versions just to play games smoothly?
This stupid procedure must have a permanent fix.Any ideas?

More about : funny problem

a b $ Windows 7
February 11, 2013 2:45:32 PM

what the heck are you talking about. You should be able to just change it in the game.
February 11, 2013 2:48:27 PM

You need to buy games not pirate them...then you won't have this issue.
Related resources
February 11, 2013 3:08:37 PM

Ok I'll simplify it for you. Farcry 3 runs slow. Even when i change the directx in game it does not change the frames per second.So i have to go to gamer profile.xml change the d3d11 from 0 start the game then change that digit to 1. This allows for smooth gameplay ok. Now that you understand what i'm talking about do you know how to fix it, permanently.
a b $ Windows 7
February 11, 2013 3:13:06 PM

I don't know of a fix but a workaround would be to make a bat file and have it replace that XML file with the edited one then start the game.

Also you might be able to change the file and set it to read only so that the game can't over write it.
February 11, 2013 3:17:12 PM

thats not a bad idea actually, ill try. thanks
a b $ Windows 7
February 11, 2013 3:22:00 PM

so you are running it in directx 9. why change it?
February 11, 2013 3:26:27 PM

ubermachine said:
Ok I'll simplify it for you. Farcry 3 runs slow. Even when i change the directx in game it does not change the frames per second.So i have to go to gamer profile.xml change the d3d11 from 0 start the game then change that digit to 1. This allows for smooth gameplay ok. Now that you understand what i'm talking about do you know how to fix it, permanently.

That's not simplifying, that's elaborating on your first post. If you'd have said it straight away none of this would need to happen.

And no, I don't.
February 11, 2013 3:55:30 PM

rrruby said:
That's not simplifying, that's elaborating on your first post. If you'd have said it straight away none of this would need to happen.

And no, I don't.

What's happened exactly? Btw I'm not surprised you don't know why.:) 
!