Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Horrible 'buzz' sound when i log into windows 7 :(

Last response: in Windows 7
February 11, 2013 4:59:12 PM

Hi everyone.. i just got a reburb'ed m4700 and am having a small issue with it... every time i start up the computer i get a horrible 'buzz' sound while win 7 is playing the 'loading windows 7' theme... like it plays plays plays regularly and at the end it goes BUZZZZZZZ.... really annoying and maybe a sign of some deeper issue.

anyways i've let the guy i bought it off of know, and he says i can return it... but its a nice laptop and i'd like to keep it IF i can fix this issue..... does anyone out there know what i should do or have had a similar problem? i've tried uninstalling the sound driver and the buzz didn't come back for awhile but.... after 9 restarts it came back... very frustrating.

can anyone help?
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 11, 2013 5:16:26 PM

Is it just the windows start-up sound doing this? Does it play other windows sounds normally? If you plug in headphones, does the buzzing play through the headphones?
Score
February 11, 2013 5:22:33 PM

thanks for the quick reply, ss202sl.... as of right now the only evidence is with the windows start-up sound... literally plays the start up sound and at the end it goes EEEGHGHHHH... lol... i've tested out alot of the other sound on the laptop, and only once did it actually turn down the volume of the mp3 i was playing about 50%... but since it hasn't happened since i'll take for granted i may have hit the volume slider somehow.....

so, yes.. lets just say it only does it at the end of the windows 7 start up.
Score
Related resources
February 11, 2013 8:43:02 PM

ss202sl said:
Is it just the windows start-up sound doing this? Does it play other windows sounds normally? If you plug in headphones, does the buzzing play through the headphones?

hi, did you have any more suggestions for me? :( 
Score
February 27, 2014 6:41:17 AM

quick suggestion, replace the windows startup sound.wav file
not sure it works but worth a try, here is the link( not sure if i can post a link but here goes)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcKtXwMVnqI
youtube link to show how

good luck
Score
!