New harddrive

Hello,
if i put a new hard drive in my laptop what is the best windows to download
8 answers Last reply
More about harddrive
  1. It depends on how powerful your notebook/ultrabook is. Not all laptops can run something like "Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit" flawlessly.
    For most of the notebooks "Windows 7 Professional" would be more than enough, but for some "Window 7 Home Premium" would be the rooftop.

What is your notebook?
  2. master_chen said:
    It depends on how powerful your notebook/ultrabook is. Not all laptops can run something like "Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit" flawlessly.
    For most of the notebooks "Windows 7 Professional" would be more than enough, but for some "Window 7 Home Premium" would be the rooftop.

What is your notebook?

its a g62 32 /64 bit it had windows7 in it put when i got it it haed no had drive in it so i have to get a new hard drive :hello:
  3. if i put a new hard drive in my laptop what is the best windows to download ......the one on your OEM sticker

ps...purchase then download...tom's is legit we don't support pirates.
  4. Monkey With a Mouse said:
    purchase then download...

I think that's exactly what he meant. Microsoft's online store Windows-download.

Anyway, OP, you'll be just fine with "Windows 7 Home Premium" most of the time (and you can pretty easily upgrade later, if you'd need to, for some reason).
  5. newegg still has oem 7 versions for sale.
  6. he will have to buy an oem of 7 or 8 because the windows 8 downloads are only upgrades.8 full is oem only on sites like the egg.......
  7. Monkey With a Mouse said:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/en_US/pd/ThemeID.27509700/productID.235488300
    Damn, they (for some stupid reason) removed the option to "pay-download" for 7. What the hell are you doing, Billy? :\
    It's only "Ship It" now...not that it's a bad thing or anything, but....seriously, M$, what the hell are you thinking?
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Laptops Download Hard Drives Windows 7