I have around $2000 CAD to spend on this laptop. I can spend more if needed.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Something that isn't too heavy. I don't really want a desktop replacement, I'll be bringing it with me around College.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Around 15" to 17".
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
The best I can get within my price range. 3-4 hrs will suffice.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
WoW, Guild Wars 2 (When it comes out) and Left 4 Dead 2. I want to be able to play them with Medium settings at the very least.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Programming, and Videos.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Anywhere between 300-500GB will suffice. I can always get an external hard drive if I need it.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I was told that Falcon Northwest had good laptops and I was looking to buy one of their TLX models, but I want to see about getting the best deal for my money before I go buying one of them. http://www.falcon-nw.com/
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
I want atleast 3 yrs. out of it.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I don't really have any preferred brands.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I'll be using this as my College computer for a Computer Engineering course, however, I want it to also have the capacity of playing games on decent settings.