Modifying router's IP schema

Last response: in Networking
Share
December 14, 2004 11:19:46 AM

I cannot use the default 192.168.2.x as it is conflicting
with my work's internal IP addresses when attempting to
connect via a vpn. I've rerun the wizard, but there is
no where to change the schema (to say 192.168.99.x etc).
Where can this be changed?
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 5:15:26 PM

Temporarily change your computer's IP address to 192.168.2.2 and login to
the router via a web browser at http://192.168.2.2. Go to Local Area
Network Settings and change the IP address accordingly. Rebbot teh router
and change your PCs IP address back to whatever you had it initially.

Also, shouldn't your VPN software handle any sort of IP issues like this?