Sign in with
Your question

Video play screen ghost image won\'t go away

Last response: in Windows 7
February 11, 2013 11:53:14 PM

My father in law has done something to cause the video play screen, with a play arrow, to become a ghost image on his notebook. When at the home screen you can see the icons behind it and they work fine.

Wondering how to take the video screen off.
February 12, 2013 12:51:42 PM

It looks like the image where you would click on the right arrow to play a video yet there is no video to play. He can't close the window to make it go away and restarting doesn't help. He lives in AZ. so once I get to him am going to have him try to restore to an earlier date. Computer is functional despite this ghost image. He can click on icons on his desktop behind the ghost and they work, he just has to read through them.
m
l
Related resources
February 12, 2013 1:02:37 PM

Try connecting to a different monitor and see if that helps. If it does, you know there is something wrong with your current monitor.
m
l
February 12, 2013 1:07:06 PM

Running on his notebook screen.
m
l
February 12, 2013 2:46:51 PM

Will get him to try if he has one. What do you think about system restore?
m
l
February 12, 2013 8:28:30 PM

More info.

If I access his computer remotely Ghost goes away. He can't see it, I can't see it.
m
l
February 12, 2013 11:37:44 PM

Do you see the ghost at all times or only after the computer starts up? Because then we know whether it's a bug in Windows or a monitor problem.
m
l
February 12, 2013 11:47:02 PM

Never hooked up to an external.

Weird thing is that when I access his computer remotely he doesn't see it nor do I.
m
l
February 13, 2013 12:12:10 AM

Then it's most likely a software bug. Get him to scan his machine for viruses. Use programs like malwarebytes, SUPERantispyware, free Kaspersky and AVG scanners along with the antivirus that should be installed on his machine already.

You don't have to use all those programs. They were just a few I was suggesting to you.
m
l
February 13, 2013 12:37:31 AM

Will try and get back to you.
m
l
!