Connect PS2 to LAN MN 700

Last response: in Networking
Share
December 14, 2004 12:11:13 PM

I have a MN 700 I would like to configure as a bridge to allow
my son's PS2 access to my home office LAN, and through that,
the Internet. Is this possible?

I have been successful in configuring it as an access point,
but once I disconnect the Ethernet cable from the office LAN,
I cannot access it wirelessly (I cannot access the Management
Tool nor even ping the MN 700). Also, I suspect that it will
only do DHCP through a wired connection.

Has anyone got this to work? Any help will be appreciated.

--
Matt Hickman
It is never safe to laugh at Dr. Malthus; he always has the

More about : connect ps2 lan 700

Anonymous
December 14, 2004 12:34:16 PM

The MN-700 needs to be wired to the router in that configuration, but not
bridged. It is not a true access point. As for the PS2, you may need to
check with the hardware manufacturer on their configurations. If you have
the correct PS2 hardware, it should work fine.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

!