HP BRIO Upgrade

G

Hi there!

I'm willing to add more horse power to my HP Brio BA410 product id: P1690B. This computer come with a 600 MHz. Intel Celeron chip. Now I want to switch to a 733MHz. Celeron chip or even an Intel Pentium III.
HP support guys say that they can not provide me any assistance to accomplish this task because it is not supported by HP.
The Question is: Do you have any experience upgrading one of this Computer systems? Do you know where can I get more detailed information regarding this kind of Upgrade?
Can I upgrade from Intel Celeron to Intel Penium III?

Thanks in advance.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Have you tried HP's forums (if they have any)?

Also, Crashman is the guy to answer this question, but you might want to find out what motherboard you have in your computer.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
If you have the Intel i810E (or higher, fat chance) chipset, you could put in a 133MHz FSB PIII, such as the 1000EB, 933, 866, 800EB. These will give you a huge performance increase over equally clocked Celerons.

If you have the earlier i810 (non-E) chipset, you can most likely still support the PIII with 100MHz FSB, and perhaps the 133MHz FSB version. I haven't been able to verify bus speed support above 100MHz for the earlier non-E version, do to lack of availability in my area.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

G

Hey Crashman!
Thanks for your help. Two more questions. My HP BRIO according to HP support guys has a mobo based on the i815 chipset. Is this chipset newer than i810/i810E?
If yes then... Do you believe that I can accomplish the cpu upgrade by simply replacing the c600 chip with a P3 733 MHz? or Is there any other issue I should be aware of?

As a matter of fact HP BRIO BA410 family goes from c600 to P3 733MHz, and it is the same motherboard in each model.

Thanks again!

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
I'm willing to add more horse power to my HP Brio BA410 product id: P1690B.
i wouldnt put you product ID in a "public" place if i were you....just cause...

:mad: <A HREF="http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?2096468" target="_new">P4 + SDRAM</A> = <b>BAD</b> :mad:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, as long as your memory is PC133, you can simply pop out the Celeron and pop in a PIII 733. OR an 800EB, or an 866, or 933, or 1GHz! The i815 is a much better chipset than the i810, and supports an AGP4x slot for video card upgrades.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

G

Great! Thanks Crashman! My computer has PC133 bus memory and supports 4x AGP. Thanks again and Merry Xmas.