skills/feats for familiar and paladin special mount

Hi to all,

I would like to know if familiars and paladin special mounts earn skill
points and feats too.
If not is it right that they use the skills point their master?
And for the feats is it right that they have the feats their race has + the
special abilities they earns with the level advancement of their master?

Where can I find these informations (only because a player of our group
accepts the rules if he finds them somewhere ;) )?

Thanx
Juza

Juza wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I would like to know if familiars and paladin special mounts earn
> skill points and feats too.
> If not is it right that they use the skills point their master?
> And for the feats is it right that they have the feats their race has
> + the special abilities they earns with the level advancement of
> their master?
>
> Where can I find these informations (only because a player of our
> group accepts the rules if he finds them somewhere ;) )?

Well, it's a long shot, but you might possibly try looking under the class
descriptions of the Paladin and Sorcerer in the Player's Handbook.

Specifically:

PHB page 45, The Paladin's Mount: "Bonus HD: Extra eight-sided (d8) Hit
Dice, each of which gains a Constitution modifier, as normal. Extra Hit Dice
improve the mount’s base attack and base save bonuses. A special mount’s
base attack bonus is equal to that of a cleric of a level equal to the mount
’s HD. A mount has good Fortitude and Reflex saves (treat it as a character
whose level equals the animal’s HD). The mount gains additional skill points
or feats for bonus HD as normal for advancing a monster’s Hit Dice."

Note the last sentence. Unlike familiars (see below), Paladins' special
mounts do not share skills with their rider.

PHB page 52, Familiars: "Hit Dice: For the purpose of effects related to
number of Hit Dice, use the master’s character level or the familiar’s
normal HD total, whichever is higher."

"Hit Points: The familiar has one-half the master’s total hit points (not
including temporary hit points), rounded down, regardless of its actual Hit
Dice."

"Skills: For each skill in which either the master or the familiar has
ranks, use either the normal skill ranks for an animal of that type or the
master’s skill ranks, whichever are better. In either case, the familiar
uses its own ability modifiers. Regardless of a familiar’s total skill
modifiers, some skills may remain beyond the familiar’s ability to use."

Familiars do not advance by hit dice, so they don't gain skills or feats
themselves.

--
Mark.