Sign in with
Your question

Losing my wallpaper in windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
May 20, 2010 10:14:53 AM

Using Windows 7 french version.

I keep losing my wallpapers but not always. With some pics there are no problems but with others yes, they disappear after shuting down my computer. When I start a new session the next day, the wallpaper I chose is gone !

How come ?
a b $ Windows 7
May 20, 2010 2:06:04 PM

Are you using the RC still?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 20, 2010 5:15:41 PM

Hi macareno_ca,

Do you happen to be using Windows 7 Starter? If so, the Starter edition comes with one desktop background, which can't be changed or customized.

Cheers,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach

m
l
Related resources
May 28, 2010 12:36:52 AM

mi1ez said:
Are you using the RC still?

No. Home edition.

But I think I found the reason for this problem : When I click on a pic I might want to use as a wallpaper, I double clic on it
and my favorite program ( Photofiltre ) opens up and shows the picture. Then I set it as the wallpaper. Windows 7 doesn't
like that.

If I right click on the pic and set it as the wallpaper from there, it remains. That is what I do now on.

Thanks for helping out !
m
l
May 28, 2010 12:37:51 AM

Hi ! No. Home edition.

But I think I found the reason for this problem : When I click on a pic I might want to use as a wallpaper, I double clic on it
and my favorite program ( Photofiltre ) opens up and shows the picture. Then I set it as the wallpaper. Windows 7 doesn't
like that.

If I right click on the pic ( in the directory ) and set it as the wallpaper from there, it remains. That is what I do now on.

Thanks for helping out !
m
l
!