I like Intel, don't you?

Well don't you?

Why not?

<b><font color=blue>~scribble~</font color=blue></b> :wink: <A HREF="http://www.ud.com/home.htm" target="_new">Help cure cancer.</A>
18 answers Last reply
More about intel
  1. i wouldn't say no to a p3... or a p4 for that mater, just wouldn't buy one. well, i might if i had more money. but i don't, so i won't. i agree though that the whole intel bashing bit sometimes goes to far. both companies have strenghts.

no vestige of a beginning, no prospect of an end, when we all disintegrate, it'll all happen again.
  2. I like Intel! I don't hate AMD, but I like Intel better. AMD's cool, so is Intel.

Once I used my i386/34+i387 and 4 MB Ram for CAD...
  3. I don't dislike them but I can't say I'm very fond of them.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
  4. i like intel's P3 (the best cpu from intel thus far).
    as for the P4...im a little dissapointed in its performance against the athlon xp.
    hopefully the northwood will do better.

I don't claim to know anything about everything, I just tell people what I know.
    -PSB
  5. Intel makes classic low cost CPUs which perform well. Since the MMX166, Celeron 300A, Celeron566/600 and the most recent Celeron1.2G. AMD didn't do well at the same period. before Duron came out. Still, Duron's cool. P4 sucked all the time, never liked them thought I had to get systems with P4 Xeon. Damn expensive.

Once I used my i386/34+i387 and 4 MB Ram for CAD...
  6. no, i think AMD is better

less price, best performance, best overcloking

it's paradise, no ?

EasyInfo :cool:
    I would like to Invest for my PC !!
    ok, buy nothing.
  7. oohhh, shinny...

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>
  8. No, I can't think of many corporations I like, their all out for number one, as well they should be, but that's no way to make friends. I do like some of their PRODUCTS, however.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
  9. yes and no

yes - they have produced alot of good stuff over the years and revolutionised the home pc market
    but no - they are also very monopolystic, bad to workers, use decieving advertising, and try to screww the consumer.

but hey, i dont hate them... thats what big Corportations are FOR!
    e.g.
    microshaft, generalmotors, dell, bellcanada, british tellecom, telstra, blah blah blah

my belief is that ALL big corportations need a little guy to keep em honest.

- Know thyself
    - Seek
    - Love
    - Cherish Life
    - And do not Yield!
  10. Intel is the best, Intel makes the best, Intel is the standard in personal computing.

I like Intel's solutions and they make the best thermal protection money can buy.

the value of a Intel based pc does not go down as sharply as the products of other leading competitors do.

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"
  11. I used to like Intel until it tried to screw us the consumers with RDRAM junks. PIII + RDRAM (i820) got to be the worst combination ever, yet Intel refused to release a decent SDRAM MB for over a year, forcing people to spend (at that time) 5x more money on RDRAM that had worse performance than 133 SDRAM (later proven by Intel's own benchmark).

Since then, I bought three PCs. All of them were using AMD chips. So far, I have not had any reason to go back to Intel.

**Spin all you want, but we the paying consumers will have the final word**
  12. <i>
    Quote:
    Intel is the best, Intel makes the best, Intel is the standard in personal computing.

I like Intel's solutions and they make the best thermal protection money can buy.

the value of a Intel based pc does not go down as sharply as the products of other leading competitors do.

</i>

Don't Flame me for what I say now, but AmdMELTDOWN, that is a matter of opinion, not Fact, and you and I both no you can't prove it.......you can give reference to otehrs opinions....but nothing that says that Intel is the Best, and they Make the best, and that they are the standard in computing. I will agree however they WERE the standard in x86 computing, BUT for a LONG time now everything you buy whether it be software OR hardware (like sound cards, video cards, etc.) all RECOMEND Either an Intel PIII or P4 OR AMD Duron/Athlon. If you don't believe me, next tiem your in Electronics Boutique pick up one of the retailed boxed pieces of hardware and read the requirements.....

Anyways.....i said what i needed to say about that.

Oh, as far as you implying that Buying an AMD is a waste of money becasue there always goign down in Value....well that si true in a one-sided aspect, the thign is if AMD didn't cut prices to there chips, they'd always stay the same, even when a newer product comes out, the price will never go down, and eventualyl we'll be payign up to like $100,000 just for a CPU (over-exageration yes, but you know what I mean) PLUS what they want to do is be competitive, which they are doing, and also, droppign the cost of there CPU's is good for the Consumers, asd it makes their competition (Intel) drop their costs aswell, which benefits EVERYONE.....I don't think any of us would liek to pay $1,100 for that brand new Pentium III 500 thats comign out next week now would you ?

You know what I meea by saying that....if it weren't for AMD, that's where we'd still be at.... =)

I don't think you can consider this a flame now can you?

-MeTaL RoCkEr

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=13597" target="_new"> <b> My Rig </b> </A>
  13. I like Intel but then i went with AMD.

I like Intels marketing/advertisment even though i know they are a little decieving.

I wonder want happened to the Blue Men?

DMA - Doesn't Mean Anything :wink:
  14. I heard they were painting them <font color=green> green </font color=green>.

<font color=blue>Remember.... You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink:
  15. ooohhh, green, shinny green?

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>
  16. the blue men are eagerly waiting for the northwood to be released

<i>Mommy that dog is trying to jump over that other dog but he keeps not making it</i>
  17. yummm....blue

18. <A HREF="http://www.faceintel.com/" target="_new">http://www.faceintel.com/</A>
    :tongue:
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Font Intel