Sign in with
Your question

Dell cancels Itanium Ha....ha

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
December 14, 2001 8:53:25 PM

Dell is not going to make Itanium based machines any more ahhahahaha... I am laughing so hard I am going to wet my self. They are going to copy the Hammer ahhahahaha.....
Stop, I can't take anymore ahahahah... Maybe they will try to convice us that the Pee4 is a profesional grade cpu ahahahah...
Intel = aragance
Anim88tor

More about : dell cancels itanium

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
December 14, 2001 9:09:31 PM

Why is that funny? What makes me laugh more is you cant spell arrogance! Silly guy, Dell are crap anyway.
December 14, 2001 9:31:41 PM

"Dude, you're gettin' a Hammer!"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Kelledin
[dave@discovery ~] kill -9 1
init: Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
December 14, 2001 9:42:53 PM

I don't think you'll need Itanium anyway. If you really need one system with Itanium, SGI has planety. Of course it'll cost ya... Some Dell machines are really good. Buy I hate dell.

Once I used my i386/34+i387 and 4 MB Ram for CAD...
December 15, 2001 4:26:14 AM

Ahahahahah that was great...

"Dude, your getting a Sledge.........HAMMER!!!" hahahahaha....ohhh man.........

<b>Anim8tor:</b>
BTW, DeLL doesnt even use ANY AMD Chips in any of there lines of ANYTHING............why the HELL woudl they start to use the Hammer now ?!?
And you said...
<i>
Quote:
They are going to copy the Hammer ahhahahaha.....

</i>
What do you mean there going to <b><i>COPY</b></i> it ?!?

-MeTaL RoCkEr

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=13597" target="_new"> <b> My Rig </b> </A>
December 15, 2001 6:26:59 AM

A 2ghz P4 Xeon 512k w/ Hyperthreading could make it far. Seems a single 2.0ghz P4 Xeon 512k can beat the $hit out of a 2ghz P4 and spank Dual MP's 1.2ghz.

Nice Nvidia and ATi users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:
December 15, 2001 8:06:42 AM

Do you have links rcf? Last I heard the only 2ghz xeon out was the old core with NO additional enhancements save for the smp enabled....oh...and it was not doing too well in the benchmarks.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!
December 15, 2001 8:07:48 AM

Do you have links rcf? Last I heard the only 2ghz xeon out was the old core with NO additional enhancements save for the smp enabled....oh...and it was not doing too well in the benchmarks.

December 15, 2001 5:47:11 PM

Read my post again i said A 2ghz P4 Xeon <font color=red>512k</font color=red> 512k chips are based of the 0.13micron if noticed all Northwoods are going to be 512k.

Nice Nvidia and ATi users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:
December 16, 2001 12:21:22 AM

I think he may be referring to several rumors at The Register and Inquirer that Intel is developing their own X86-64 chip. This won't mean much unless they are much further along in development than they probably are. Yes, Intel has far more engineering resources, but AMD has a 2+ year headstart in developing X86-64. If Intel has been developing this for a year or more they may have something to go up against AMD's new chip within a reasonable timeframe of Hammer's release. Of course, this is all rumor and vapor, so take it as such. It's still interesting to add to the equation.

Mark-

When all else fails, throw your computer out the window!!!
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
December 16, 2001 2:48:43 AM

Can anyone guess how long will 64bit technology will last when it goes mainstream? My bet should be 15 to 20 years.

And that itanic...
It the worst disgrace to the transistor world.
December 16, 2001 4:33:46 AM

Well I'm no expert on the past, but review how long 8-bit technology lasted, then 16-bit, and now the 32-bit. Has the time span increased or decreased?

I really think the Hammer is gonna hade the edge because it allows more of a transition from 32bit to 64bit technology, instead of just a big jump.

AMD's Hammer is gonna smash Intel :) 

if(GetSystemMetrics(SM_PROCESSOR) != AMD_PROCESSOR)
{
SendMessage(hwnd,WM_CLOSE,0,0);
}
December 16, 2001 5:59:18 AM

and what happens when the Itanium is developed further and is adopted as the standard 64-bit chip?

<i>Mommy that dog is trying to jump over that other dog but he keeps not making it</i>
December 16, 2001 8:14:36 AM

Not when dell is not selling them they wont, dell is intels bitch, and when they drop a product it sends a serious message.

http://www.vanshardware.com/

from the inquirer

"OVER AT VAN'S HARDWARE there was a story yesterday that Dell had decided demand for the Itanium workstation it's been selling is such that it's going to drop it. That' been confirmed by Dell now and you can find the original coverage here."

the here links to vans, so apprently its true, dell has officially dropped the itanium.

!