Sign in with
Your question

My acer laptop wont start up windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
February 12, 2013 1:22:14 PM

Hello,
I went home last night and noticed that my laptop didn't startup when turning on. What can I do.
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
February 12, 2013 1:42:47 PM

If system cannot startup in safe mode and trying the startup fix, then do a factory restore to put a fresh copy of W7 on your system, I beleiev its ALT-F10 when you see the Acer logo, this will wipe out all your files.

http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/desktop/0000/acer/asp...
m
l
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
February 12, 2013 1:55:59 PM

We can't help you if you don't provide more information. Where does it stop loading? Any error message? BSOD? Does it power on at all? Can you hear fan spinning? Etc...

If it's a Windows problem you can boot in "safe mode" and use "system restore" from there.

If that doesn't work then you can use your recovery cd (or hidden recovery partition) and reinstall Windows, but that would be destructive in the sense you will loose any data that was on the laptop.
m
l
Related resources
April 4, 2013 4:22:07 AM

the exact same thing happens to me except it restarts on everything i try to open it on like start up repair on safe mode or anything
m
l
August 11, 2014 7:55:53 PM

Thanks for helping me it loaded!
m
l
August 11, 2014 7:59:05 PM

Wat u do is when the acer logo starts press alt f10 and it should come to the start screen press the choice it's on then it will come to a little box like thing wait for that to finish and it should work
m
l
August 14, 2014 2:19:33 PM

happyperson60644 said:
Hello,
I went home last night and noticed that my laptop didn't startup when turning on. What can I do.

Same happening with me. Windows update installed 3am the morning pc worked fine after but then shutdown and now that I turn on again same issue I think its windows update issue
m
l
!