Does anyone have a good site or link to a place that has RPG ready puzzles?
I've visited a bunch of websites for RPG's, and there are few references to
puzzles(ala "you enter a room and see 5 oddly shaped devices, it would
appear they are for the 5 oddly shaped holes in the wall, blah blah, etc
etc"). The true "puzzle websites" often require a LOT of "twisting" to make
them fit into a typical RPG scenario, given that most of the puzzles are
word searches, mathematical puzzles, chess moves, mazes, and so on.

So, I've got 2 days, and I have to find "a puzzle" that will provide a
little enjoyment for my players without having to twist it in and make it
fit through largely unnatural means.

I know that myself and my players as well are not big fans of "the riddle"
style of puzzle(spoken by a magic mouth, etc), so that's kind of out(I found
the netbook of riddles). For reference, this will likely be used as a "get
to the next level blocked door" kind of thing, although any puzzle, as long
as it is somewhat challenging and fits into a "standard dungeon crawl"
scenario would be nice.

What would be most useful is a link to a website that has a decent selection
of ready made puzzles for just plunking down in the middle of an adventure.

Thanks in advance.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

"Jeff Goslin" <autockr@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone have a good site or link to a place that has RPG ready
> puzzles?
> I've visited a bunch of websites for RPG's, and there are few references
> puzzles(ala "you enter a room and see 5 oddly shaped devices, it would
> appear they are for the 5 oddly shaped holes in the wall, blah blah, etc
> etc"). The true "puzzle websites" often require a LOT of "twisting" to
> make
> them fit into a typical RPG scenario, given that most of the puzzles are
> word searches, mathematical puzzles, chess moves, mazes, and so on.
>
> So, I've got 2 days, and I have to find "a puzzle" that will provide a
> little enjoyment for my players without having to twist it in and make it
> fit through largely unnatural means.
>
> I know that myself and my players as well are not big fans of "the riddle"
> style of puzzle(spoken by a magic mouth, etc), so that's kind of out(I
> found
> the netbook of riddles). For reference, this will likely be used as a
> "get
> to the next level blocked door" kind of thing, although any puzzle, as
> long
> as it is somewhat challenging and fits into a "standard dungeon crawl"
> scenario would be nice.
>
> What would be most useful is a link to a website that has a decent
> selection
> of ready made puzzles for just plunking down in the middle of an
> adventure.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> It's not a god complex when you're always right

Could do some 'Indiana Jones' style trap/puzzles like the
statue-for-bag-of-sand switch...