eden

Champion
Hey guys,
while looking for a good cooling and low noise, I asked if they had the Volcano 6CU in stock cuz it really looked damn silent(31dBA compared to many over 40) however they were out of it. The guy recommended the ARX ACC8080-15VHZ Cooler. It was same price as the other, and seemed to be rather same specs, like it supports 1.4GHZ and up. It didn't however mention noise level, but since it ain't expensive and same price as the other, they probably are about the same.
Is this a good cooling?
It seemed good, fairly good price at 29$ CDN. All I want is a silent, proper HSF which won't fail. I don't overclock, don't even touch the inside of my PC so just a cooler which I can use my PC quietly like the one on my curretn P2 350! Silent as a shell's inside.
Btw, many say the Volcano 6CU+ is the silent one, but it's on the contrary, the 6CU plain is more silent.

--
The other day I heard an explosion from the other side of town.... It was a 486 booting up...

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
good for what exactly?
running at stock sure,
henious overclocking? probably not.

do a search. see if u can find any benchmarks for that one.
i suggest
<A HREF="http://www.google.com" target="_new">http://www.google.com</A>

oh, by the way...
why dont u use a stock athlon heatsink. if used properly you should have no problems.

and anyway... no HSF is 100% reliable. every fan has a small chance of failing. microscopically small, but still a possibility.

- Know thyself
- Seek
- Love
- Cherish Life
- And do not Yield!

eden

Champion
Oh well they stopped shipping in Retail ones for now, I dunno why but probably to boost sales of HSFs or promote new AXPs. I'm ok with that, I have the money for now.
Like I said, I just want a small solution HSF, to run a PC like any other, that is all!
I think I will go with it.

EDIT: Another thing that led me to want it is that since it cools TB 1.4GHZ well, and Palominos run cooler, this means a very adequately priced HSF and I doubt I will run into any problems. I've also just read around the web it is silent.

--
The other day I heard an explosion from the other side of town.... It was a 486 booting up...<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Eden on 12/17/01 10:33 PM.</EM></FONT></P>