Card installs as Standard VGA Adapter (problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chennyein

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
So, I have this problem: I had Windows 7 64 bits and it was everything fine, but I have some programs that require drivers, and there isn't a driver for 64 bits. So I tried installing the Windows 7 32 bits version.

Everything was working fine, until I found out that my video card isn't being recognized anymore, and it's being showed as "Standard VGA Adaptor". I searched and found out some people with the same problem. Most people advised them to update drivers, but that didn't work with me.

The following error ocurrs when I try running the stup.exe which should update my video card's driver: "The NVIDIA setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

The thing is, I tried unistalling the "Standard VGA Adaptor" driver, but it requeires me to reboot, and when it reboots the drivers are automaically reinstalled. I also tried reinstalling Windows 7 32 bits, didn't work. Tried reinstalling Windows 7 64 bits, didn't work.

Any help would be really appreciated. It's been a few days since I had this problem, and I'm trying to solve it non-stop.

And before I forget, my Video Card is the "nVIDIA GeForce GT330M".

chennyein

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013

debaucep

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
Hello,

Had the same problem.

That what helped me.

1) Go to Windows 7 Safe mode,
2) Uninstall Standart VGA driver from there.
3) Load windows 7 in normal mode,
4) Download the freshest Driver Beta (in my case its Catalyst 13.4 beta5).
5) Proit *

* Please note that with causual & completed drivers (not beta releases) that wasnt working.

Now thats ok.

Hope it helps.

ssanjeev903

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013

I am posting the procedure for the sake of many asking for solution to the Standard VGA Graphics Adapter problem, and they are unable to install/ update the display adapter.

Below I am listing a generalized process (This is how I solved my problem after struggling for about a week with my ATI Radeon X1250 adapter)

* Download the required driver software that matches your hardware definition. Save a copy of the drivers in a safe place, in case you accidentally happen to delete them from your PC.

You may copy the content below and paste it in a TEXT file for your ready reference.

0. Disconnect from internet and Disable your anti-virus program and before going to step number 1 (Important)

1. Boot computer in SAFE mode (press F8 during restart)

2. Extract the Driver software .ZIP completely to extract all folders. Extract the .EXE also.

3. Go to Device Manager

4. Select Display adapter (in my case it reads 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter' that I need to change to 'ATI Radeon X1250')

5. Right click and select Properties, select update driver

6. In the update dialog select 'Browse my computer fro driver software'

7. In the Next dialog window, select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.

8. In the Select driver dialog, pick on 'Have Disk'

9. Browse to the folder you extracted the ZIP file earlier (locate the '.inf' file) The .INF file would be located in the Packages>Drivers>Display>XXX_INF.

10. Run the installation, and you are done!!!

11. Restart the computer in normal mode.

12. Enable Anti-virus programs

I am sure this will help a lot of my friends who have been struggling to find a solution to this problem.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.