Sign in with
Your question

AMD THROWS ITS WEIGHT AROUND!!!

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • AMD
Last response: in CPUs
December 19, 2001 12:10:45 AM

<A HREF="http://www.phpnuke.org/article.php?sid=3022" target="_new">yeah, all 98 pounds of it.</A>

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

More about : amd throws weight

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
December 19, 2001 2:06:41 AM

your link is dead

Good Bye!!
December 19, 2001 4:23:04 AM

It seems to work fine.

--
Intel inside, AMD outside.
Related resources
December 19, 2001 5:32:26 PM

So AMD's trademark counsel asked them to cease using their logo unauthorized. Your point is...?

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
December 19, 2001 5:39:28 PM

I agree with you.
Where does the 98 pounds come in amdmelt?

Witness the speed of a 1x Cd-rom and dispair.
December 19, 2001 5:50:40 PM

LOL it's funny when amd tries acting like a serious, big company. Maybe if they actually had oem deals and workstation deals and server deals people would look at them as an actual player in the market. Right now it's just chips for the overclocking obsessed game players and generally weird linux users.

<i>Mommy that dog is trying to jump over that other dog but he keeps not making it</i>
December 19, 2001 8:05:43 PM

"... Right now it's just chips for the overclocking obsessed game players and generally weird linux users. ..."

Dangerous making generalizations. Where does that put me? I am not going to overclock or run Linux. Woohoo, I won't have to overclock for a change!
December 19, 2001 8:22:16 PM

I don't think this is AMD throwing their weight around. A lot of companies keep tight control over their copyrights because of liability. They (companies) just don't want to be misrepresented. Free publicity can be risky publicity.

Catheter and Caffeine IV are in place. Let's PLAY.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
December 19, 2001 8:38:53 PM

Quote:

LOL it's funny when amd tries acting like a serious, big company.

LOL it's funny when you try acting like a buyer for an OEM. It's funny when you think people here care about how many workstation/server deals AMD have.

<font color=red>alere flamman</font color=red>
December 19, 2001 9:55:31 PM

We license Logo's from <A HREF="http://www.smartdesigns.com" target="_new">Smart Deisgn</A> This includes AMD logos.

For 300 bucks, you get a 2" binder and CD with participating companies licensed logo's for general use in vector format.

You will not find the product listed. but if you call they can verify cost and logo's offered. The product is called "smart logo". AMD and Intel are both participating companies that license their logo's thru smart designs.
December 20, 2001 12:18:58 PM

Server deals?

Daimler-Chrysler? Ever heard of them? <A HREF="http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/011219/182623_1.html" target="_new"> They seem to like AMD for their Linux clusters.</A>

<b>All for one and one for all...and 3 for 5! - Curly - The Three Stooges</b> :lol: 
December 20, 2001 2:43:25 PM

Hmm...I think I'll read the unbiased one.

Interesting. A small victory, but an important one. I didn't realize AMD was part of Fortune 500 and S&P500.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
December 20, 2001 4:49:42 PM

OK, OK, I get it now it's a big win for AMD. Please save the link for future posts so when an Intel Fan posts that AMD can't make server chips you can reply with this link.

Anyways, I think they selected AMD not because of the Processor power or anything it's probably more regarding the location of the company. Daimler-Chrysler was bought by the Mercadece Benz about tow to three years ago. And everyone knos that Mercadece is made in Germany. And guess where does AMD make their Chip (Germany). So I think there was probably an influence by the local goverment to use AMD so it will help Germany's Economy. Just my opnion.

KG
December 20, 2001 8:32:24 PM

Hmm, last time I checked Compaq was an OEM. So is Alienware, XiComputer, BuyABS, Sony, Falcon Northwest, and a few others. I may be mistaken though.....

What if your life moved.....2 inches to the left?
December 20, 2001 8:35:05 PM

Hehe, but I guess to Intel Inside, Moron Outside, AMD is still a tiny company. Guess Chrysler is a really small company too.....and Boeing too.....

What if your life moved.....2 inches to the left?
December 21, 2001 1:33:33 AM

Yep, I bought an A$$paq and it had a Duron in it. It was the only part of the whole thing that was worth a dam! It's also the only part that I am still using.

An ARMED society is a POLITE society.

San Antonio, TX
December 21, 2001 7:01:48 AM

compaq is the only major oem you listed, and they only sell amd based systems in their 'budget systems' (obviously since the cpu's are so cheap, and these are low quality systems)

<i>AMD's thermal protection: as seen in tom's burning chip video</i>
December 21, 2001 8:39:00 AM

All Compac desktops are low quality systems.
December 21, 2001 10:33:55 PM

I was under the impression that the Presario line wasn't supposed to be a 'budget' system.

An ARMED society is a POLITE society.

Amarillo, TX
December 21, 2001 10:45:28 PM

You can get fairly powerful Compaq systems from their CTO program. The 8000Z towers are mid-towers with 300-350W poer supplies that run Athlon XPs up to 1900+ with PC-2100 DDR up to 2GB, hard drives up to 120GB, most of the mid-to-high-end Nvidia GPUs, and so on...
December 22, 2001 12:02:25 AM

presario's are the crappiest systems you could waste money on

<i>AMD's thermal protection: as seen in tom's burning chip video</i>
December 22, 2001 12:18:33 AM

so true......

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
December 22, 2001 9:41:15 AM

Even Intel_inside?
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
December 22, 2001 9:57:40 AM

Compaq - nuff said. Waste of space -

Just so FB dosn't yell at me. Their Servers are rock.
Alledgedly.

<font color=purple><b>Techie2001</font color=purple></b>
<i>(Crazy Alien)</i>
If it ain't broke, Don't fix it. :wink:
December 22, 2001 11:34:25 AM

Don`t try to pass one over FB, he seems to see everything !
Maybe he is one of you :eek: 

That`s pike, not me

Danny

Electric coolaid for everyone, except me, never touch the stuff !
!