Sign in with
Your question

Where do I save hp laserjet 1012 driver files from a CD on my WIndows xp and win

Last response: in Windows 7
February 12, 2013 5:17:38 PM

I purchased a used HP Laserjet 1012 from Nonprofit Technology Resources, a Philadelphia-based computer thrift store that trains people from less privileged backgrounds in computer diagnosis and repair. It did not come with a disk, but they assured me that drivers were available online. I tried and tried to get drivers but HP sends the download in a Zip file, which would have required a software purchase equal to the cost of the second hand printer.I have tried FileHippo, which wanted a credit card number, and WinRAR which wanted me to choose between a dozen different subscriptions and such.

I returned to NTR, and they told me that they now had diskettes, one of which I got, but I am no further along. The CD certainly does not open up asking whether I want to run it, and the computer does not seem to recognize it as a set of drivers. I am wondering if I need to manually save it to a particular location and if so, what is that location?

Thank you
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 12, 2013 7:24:47 PM

Answered in your duplicate thread.
m
l
!