Any ideas on the commercial name for the TBred?

eden

Champion
Well seeing as the core name for the AthlonXP is Palomino but they named it AXP, what is the commercial name for the Tbred and Hammer?
It would be sweet if they kept it Sledgehammer. That name would toast any other CPU name in the competition and would draw my attention any day! Either that or Clawhammer!

--
The other day I heard an explosion from the other side of town.... It was a 486 booting up...

AEboy128

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2001
MMMM.... AMD SledgeHammer!! Thats a catchy name...

My system: <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=8946" target="_new">http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=8946</A>

FatBurger

Illustrious
One of two things. Either a common hammer with two curved prongs on one side of the head, used to pull out nails. Or, AMD's desktop x86-64 chip.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

Kemche

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2001
They have totally confused me with their nameing schemes. When they released Palomino for Laptops they called it Athlon 4. When they Released it for Desktop they called it Athlon XP. I don't know what to say, I guess they will call it what ever the new thing out when they release it.

For example
Athlon 4 name because Pentium 4 was released by Intel.
Athlon XP name came because Windows XP was being released by MS.

May be Athlon 5!!!!. And they can tell the world that they have their 5th version of chip in computers before Intel.

KG

mulletkid

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2001
I think the reason AMD named the mobile palomino Athlon4 was because intel only has pentium 3 mobile and not 4. This gives amd an edge in the world of dumbass consumers who only look at the numbers...kinda like those who buy p4s....

sdausmus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2001
If they use "Sledgehammer" as a commercial name, all they have to do is work out an agreement with Peter Gabriel and his record company and BAM! Marketing campaign GOLD, baby!!! Imagine a bunch of sledgehammers with AMD colors and logos dancing around to that song!

Intel_inside

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
I don't know about the name, but amd could create a mascot: thermal diode man. And he could explain how new amd chips won't fry as easily as the old ones do (we'll see about that!)

<i>Mommy that dog is trying to jump over that other dog but he keeps not making it</i>

mr_gobbledegook

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2001
This is what a Claw Hammer is:<A HREF="http://www.insidespaces.com/dictionary/Tool_Pages/hammer-claw.shtml" target="_new">http://www.insidespaces.com/dictionary/Tool_Pages/hammer-claw.shtml</A>

It can hammer nails as well as pulling them out.

<font color=purple>~* K6-2 @ 333MHz *~
I don't need a 'Gigahertz' chip to surf the web just yet ;-)</font color=purple>

mr_gobbledegook

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2001
They are likly to stick with Athlon XP. I dont think they will change the name.

<font color=purple>~* K6-2 @ 333MHz *~
I don't need a 'Gigahertz' chip to surf the web just yet ;-)</font color=purple>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
SledgeHammer>SludgeRammer. When I was a child I bought an AirJammer RoadRammer and modified the safety valve so it would do around 30MPh on a full tank! Overclocked pnumatic toys, what a topic for Christmas!

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Personaly, I like keeping it the Thouroughbread. Nothing like being able to say your computer is hung like a horse. You could talk about how much of a stud your computer is.

Somebody stop me please.

Chesnuts roasting on an open CPU
Bill Gates nipping at your wallet

G

How about the Intel whipping boy? Shows how it whips Intel chips in performance again and again.

<font color=blue> Intel = Intellegence / 2 </font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Remember Stomper trucks? I used to buy those for $4 when I was a kid and put 9v batteries in them. When I was 9 I walked into Radio Shack and said "I'm looking for that 4 pack of 9v pigtails you have advertized for $0.99". After giving me a confused look, they pulled something out, and told me I really didn't want them. I bought them anyway of course.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

LoveGuRu

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2001
and now 1 year later at the age of 10 you learned about CPUs, and post about it.. :)

<font color=green>
*K.I.S.S*
*(k)eep (I)t (S)imple (S)tupid*
</font color=green>

G

LOL, and it's people like him developing those new Electric cars for honda...

Aklein

Just me and my computer livin' on the dark side of the moon.

FatBurger

Illustrious
The hydrogen cars are cooler (no pun intended).

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>