When I move emails into folders, they don\'t show up when I click on the folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stellasavannah

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
Microsoft Outlook 2010
When I move emails into the folders I've created, the emails aren't showing up when I open the folders. I've never had this problem in the past. This began occurring about a month ago. I know how to search for emails, but they're not showing up in the folders. I have to conduct a search every time I want to view an email and it's driving me crazy.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Did you create the folders using the option in Outlook?

When creating a folder it may appear as an extension under one of the other host folders it was created under (just as an example).

Email
Inbox
Drafts
Sent Emails

To: (ie) If folder was made in 'Inbox'

Email
+Inbox <- click +
Drafts
Sent Emails

Email
-Inbox
___>New folder
Drafts
Sent Emails

stellasavannah

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
Thanks, y'all, but I've tried both methods. I've been using some form of Outlook for years and yet this has never happened. I can search folders and all the emails I've written/received show up, so I know they're out there lurking about somewhere. It takes forever, though, to find the email I need when I do a search. I'm a teacher; I constantly document things, especially emails to parents, students, and administrators. I moved an email to a sub-folder about 20 minutes ago. I checked the folder immediately afterwards. No email.

Woe is me!

stellasavannah

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013

I'll try your suggestion. It's just so weird. One of the Microsoft techs screwed all of this up for me, I believe. I granted one of them remote access to my computer for another issue and ever since, life with Outlook has been a disaster. Calling again yields no results unless I want to pay an astronomical price for something the tech screwed up in the first place. Those Microsoft techs...may the fleas of a thousand camels nest in their armpits.

stellasavannah

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
I just gave it a try. No go. I even set my email back to default. I've never done anything in the realm of changing defaults unless the Microsoft tech did. The odd thing is that emails will be visible in some folders, but not in others. I just dragged your message to my folder called "Computer." It worked. I made an on-line order 3 hours ago, yet the information is not in the folder where I put it.

I can't find anything on-line to help with this problem. The only thing the Microsoft tech could offer when I first had her helping out was, "Outlook has too many emails and that is why you are not seeing the emails in your folders." I've never heard of this in my life and have never encountered an "overloaded folder" in Outlook.

Thanks for trying.

stellasavannah

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
This looks hopeful. I always keep the original messages within the emails I send. If I don't, I end up not addressing an issue. Also, some emails with a few people are like journals. I'd rather have all the emails together. Attachments? Oh my Lord...photos, songs...you name it.

I've always been afraid to archive my emails for whatever reason. Seems like I did that years ago on an XP and was never able to retireve my messages again. I wish there were a way I could save all of my emails into a Word document. If you know how, please share. Thank you for helping.

stellasavannah

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013

I tried to go throug all of my emails and archive manually. I followed directions, but to no avail. Thank you for trying to ferret out a solution for me. The way I have my folders set up is something like this:

Inbox
Family
Weems
Laura
Sandy
Friends
Michael
Peggy
Sent Items
Drafts

Etc. I have sub-folders UNDER sub-folders. All of this is maddening. I've always used this method to set up my folders, but now the emails simply disappear.

stellasavannah

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
I displayed how I use sub-folders in my response. In spite of my efforts to tab over to illustrate my system, nothing lined up as I wanted. Try again.

Inbox
Subfolder
Multiple Subfolders
Sent Items
Drafts

Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.