Sign in with
Your question

Lost mouse & keyboard (usb) drivers

Last response: in Windows 7
February 12, 2013 9:59:55 PM

I just set up a new build with Asus P8Z77-V mobo and windows 7. Not knowing better I tryed to install Al Suite from Asus and it didn't install correctly. I now know it's a common problem with that. Anyway it was giving me error codes and I could not uninstall all of its files. So I then used AutoRun to delete the files. Well I must have deleted something I shouldn't have because now my mouse and keyboard don't work in Windows. They do work in bios and I set bios to defaults. I also started in safemode but nothing. I tried a PS wired keyboard and still nothing. Since its new I have no back-up or recovery disk. I can't even install a disk because I can't click run. The only thing I can think to do is disconnect everything from mobo even the battery then reconnect and see what happens. If all else fails I guess I'll have to format everything and start a clean install again. Any suggestions before I start from scratch?
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 12, 2013 11:37:53 PM

If you just started, you learned something important and will never use ASUS software again -- great boards, poor software -- the fastest solution is to do a clean install. You could waste some time trying to fix it, but in my experience a clean install would be faster. If you installed a lot of programs already I might try a repair install, otherwise start over.
m
l
February 13, 2013 12:02:30 AM

Yes I did learn something important. I knew things were going way to smooth on this install. So since I can't use my keyboard or mouse what do you think is the best way to format my SSD? Should I just hook it up to another computer with a USB adapter and format it that way and just pull my RAMM and battery(actually CMOS reset) and go that route or is there a better way?
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 13, 2013 1:23:33 AM

Try booting off the installation disc, and run the windows repair.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 13, 2013 12:37:31 PM

thehunt78 said:
Yes I did learn something important. I knew things were going way to smooth on this install. So since I can't use my keyboard or mouse what do you think is the best way to format my SSD? Should I just hook it up to another computer with a USB adapter and format it that way and just pull my RAMM and battery(actually CMOS reset) and go that route or is there a better way?
You don't need to format the SSD, if you do a clean reinstall do a custom and just unpartition all spaces, then install Windows to the remaining single unpartitioned space. You can do a CMOS reset, but you don't need to start pulling out parts. Another important point is to use the USB 2.0 ports on the back top of the back panel -- you cannot use the USB 3.0 (blue posts).

m
l
!