AMD Athlon Tbird problem

G

I upgraded my system about 6 weeks ago with a 1.2 GHz AMD Athlon Thunderbird, an ECS K7S5A motherboard, and a generice 512 M stick of RAM (DIMM). Ever since I upgraded, my computer froze intermittently and I could find no reason for its crashing. I'd have to reset to use my computer again.

A couple days ago, I was using my computer and the screen went blank for a couple seconds and then my computer turned off. When I tried to turn it back on, all it would do is click when I pushed the button. The power supply wouldn't come one, I heard no noises, etc.

I got a new power supply yesterday and tried using it but that didn't fix the problem.

Today, I bought a new ECS K7S5A and tried using that but the computer still won't come on.

Can anyone tell me what might be wrong? Should I try buying a new cpu or a different motherboard or something and seeing if that works?

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
I got 4 doa ecs boards, get a better mobo, the ecs mobo sucks and has huge quality control issues, I am confident that the ecs board is the problem here.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Actually Matisaro may be right... do your fans run or not? Also, do you get any beeps?

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Ecs=bad, if it dosent reboot right off, and has loading issues, also if you hit the power button and everything spins up but nothing happens, all ecs k7s5a issues.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!

G

Fans don't run, nothing beeps. It won't turn on at all.

On the second try with the new K7S5A, it started working again... I'm thinking about returning it anyway and just buying an ASUS or ABIT but I don't know if I can really afford it =) Going to see how this runs for a bit and then I'll decide. Thanks for the help, all! =)

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
Your funny.....lol

you didnt help him at all, you just said your welcome....lol

-MeTaL RoCkEr

My <font color=red>Z28</font color=red> can take your <font color=blue>P4</font color=blue> off the line!