Nitrogen

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2001
Ok, I bought a AthlonXP 1800+ and a Soltek 75DRV2. I got the CPU OEM so I also bought a GlobalWin WBK38 Cooler. Now, The heat sink has a thermal pad on it's bottom where it connects to the CPU face, Do I need thermal paste As well, or will this do?
GlobalWin (www.globalwin.com.tw) claims that the fan is OK for AMD CPUs up to AthlonXP 1800+.

BrainStorm

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Only the thermal paste will do. Make sure not to install it the wrong way. The grooved side with the more elevated side of the socket. Another good practice is to check if the fan is running when you power it up the first time, if not, detatch the power cord immediatly and check your connections.

It's better to be rich and healthy than poor and sick!

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
No you don't. The thermal pad is good enough. Or you could take off the thermal pad and use thermal paste.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
JUst take the protective tape off the thermal pad, and put it on the chip per directions, the tim only goes once, and if you dont want to overclock, that will be more than sufficient.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!

TRENDING THREADS