My computer doesn't boot any mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyhardware

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
Hello,

It turned on, all the lights came on, followed by the ACER logo on the screen, and finally a black screen came that said:

“We apologize for the inconvenience, but windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.”

Followed by some more text, and then it asks how I would like to start windows up, in safe mode(s), last known good configuration, or start windows normally.

So I hit “start windows normally” just like always and it started to boot up, with the Microsoft Windows 7 loading screen. Then BAM, the black screen with the different options popped up AGAIN. I then tried every single other boot option, all the safe modes, everything, and every time it would show that black screen with the different boot options(that don't work).

So I hit F8 and tried all the options in there, reboot, debugging mode, all of them, they all did the same thing and brought back to that dreaded black screen.

I know I will probably have to do a complete restart of my computer, but before I do that, how can I backup data from a non-functioning laptop? Right before this happened, I was going to back up my data, but then this happened! I have a hard drive I could save it to, but how can I get it to work when I can't even get my computer up?

Thanks for any help.

Solution
Hello tommyhardware;

Two options that I like to use:
(a) remove the laptop hard drive and use attach it as a 2nd (or extra) hard drive in a desktop system.
2.5" HDD SATA to USB 2.0 External Enclosure

(b) use a linux LiveCD to boot up a whole different OS that will see your all your HDD files allowing you to copy off the important personal files and program data prior to doing a OS recovery. You can send them to a USB thumb drive or external USB HDD.
Ubuntu LiveCD (or USB thumb drive)
Hello tommyhardware;

Two options that I like to use:
(a) remove the laptop hard drive and use attach it as a 2nd (or extra) hard drive in a desktop system.
2.5" HDD SATA to USB 2.0 External Enclosure

(b) use a linux LiveCD to boot up a whole different OS that will see your all your HDD files allowing you to copy off the important personal files and program data prior to doing a OS recovery. You can send them to a USB thumb drive or external USB HDD.
Ubuntu LiveCD (or USB thumb drive)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS