Sign in with
Your question

Problem with keyboard and mouse (USB), flickering on and off

Last response: in Windows 7
February 13, 2013 6:27:29 AM

I have a weird problem that I've had for a while. Swapped out to completely new mouse and keyboard 2 days ago, so it can't be hardware problem.

Anyway, the problem is that when I open, it's seemingly random, programs sometimes the usb flicker on and off. For example, the mouse works 1-2 seconds then stops 1-2 seconds and continues like that. Same with the keyboard, it works a few seconds, stops and repeats.

When I shut down the program it works again, 'the program' because it's been abit of everything. Sometimes it happens again, so I have to restart again etc.

With the new keyboard with back lighting and mouse with dpi indicator I see that the keyboard and mouse flicker with its light on and off, one after another. The usb unplugged sound or whatever it is has also occured with these new peripherals aswell.

I've tried disabling power saving option in the Root Hubs in device management, but it doesn't help.

February 19, 2013 4:58:43 PM

bump?
m
l
February 19, 2013 4:58:51 PM

bump?
m
l
Related resources
February 25, 2014 11:42:37 AM

Try turning your USB Legacy Support to "Auto" in your BIOS. Fixed my problem. Logitech G510s and Razer DeathAdder
m
l
February 27, 2014 8:11:43 PM

Uninstall all of the USB Mouse & Keyboard Drivers you aren't using anymore (From old mice / keyboards / game pads, etc.) Next, unplug your keyboard and then uninstall the driver for it. Reboot your computer using only the mouse, and windows should automatically detect and re-install a driver for your keyboard. If you encounter the problem again, do the same for the mouse (Restart by navigating with Tab, Alt + Tab, Windows Key, and Navigation Arrows). This should solve any issues with conflicting or corrupted drivers.

If you're still having problems, double check USB connections on the motherboard side. It's not likely, but it could be that the correlation with programs you're running is that they have a certain partition / hard drive in common. That is, if you have multiple set up. Kind of a specific scenario, but If above fails it's worth a shot.

Hope this helps. Cheers and Good Luck!
m
l
!