It's a bardic feat from Champions of Ruin, in the preview on the WotC
site:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20050505b&page=4

Now, I don't have the book, so if someone does (is it even out yet?),
I'd like to know is the save really 10 + character level + Cha (instead
of 1/2 character level)?

If so, it seems a really wicked ability, supposing the bard has some
spellcaster friends ready to take the advantage of the enemy being
crippled with -10(!) to saves.

--
Jasin Zujovic
jzujovic@inet.hr

Jasin Zujovic <jzujovic@inet.hr> wrote:
> It's a bardic feat from Champions of Ruin, in the preview on the WotC
> site: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20050505b&page=4
>
> Now, I don't have the book, so if someone does (is it even out yet?),
> I'd like to know is the save really 10 + character level + Cha (instead
> of 1/2 character level)?

Yes, the book version is identical to the website version.

> If so, it seems a really wicked ability, supposing the bard has some
> spellcaster friends ready to take the advantage of the enemy being
> crippled with -10(!) to saves.

Yeah. Either it's an editorial error, or they meant it to work like
/energy missile/: halfway between a normal saving throw and the
automatic effects of a magic missile.
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd

bradd+news@szonye.com wrote:

> > It's a bardic feat from Champions of Ruin, in the preview on the WotC
> > site: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20050505b&page=4
> >
> > Now, I don't have the book, so if someone does (is it even out yet?),
> > I'd like to know is the save really 10 + character level + Cha (instead
> > of 1/2 character level)?
>
> Yes, the book version is identical to the website version.

OK, thanks.

> > If so, it seems a really wicked ability, supposing the bard has some
> > spellcaster friends ready to take the advantage of the enemy being
> > crippled with -10(!) to saves.
>
> Yeah. Either it's an editorial error, or they meant it to work like
> /energy missile/: halfway between a normal saving throw and the
> automatic effects of a magic missile.

Fascinate also has as similarly difficult to beat save, and some other
bardic abilities found in PrCs do.

But doesn't Doomspeak in particular strike you as a bit overpowered if
the save is such that the ability is almost automatic? I'd take it and
consider it a good feat even if the save was the standard 10 + 1/2 level
+ stat.

--
Jasin Zujovic
jzujovic@inet.hr