AOL to Layoff 10 Percent in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

rta

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2008
looks like an aol-ite is handin out the eeeeeeeevil -1's to the naysayers.

"You've got minus one!"

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]rta[/nom]looks like an aol-ite is handin out the eeeeeeeevil -1's to the naysayers. "You've got minus one!"[/citation]

lol @ aol-ite

Anyways its not surprising that they are having layoff's. Even if the economy was strong they really aren't needed anymore and always have been sort of a joke.

gwellin

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
So now they are down to about 6300 employee's. This should probably be around a 2:1 employee to customer ratio. At least customers service probably wont suffer becuase of the layoffs.

I cant believe they are still kicking. Maybe if they didn't send me a CD with their crappy software about 12 times a week, they might have more money to avoid some of these layoffs.

G

AOL still has about 8 million paying dial-up members, bringing in close to a billion in NET revenue every year. They also have over 100 million AIM users worldwide. I won't even get into how AOL has some of the top sites out there (engadget, money.aol.com, fanhouse.com). Its funny how you all make comments when you obviously are extremely ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.