Sign in with
Your question

Compaq

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
July 1, 2011 11:02:43 AM

I have a 2005 Compaq R 4000 Running Windows 7, 1 of my 2 cooling fans quit working and the computer turned off. I tryed to restart and all I get is Windows Boot Manager on the top of the screen below it says

Windows has encountered a prolbem communicating with a device connected to your computer.
This error can be caused by unpluging a removable storage device such as a external USB drive while the device is in use, orby faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.
If you continue to recive this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer.
Satus: 0xc00000e9
Info An unexpected I/O error has occurred

I did use F 10 and did a self HDD test an it came back OK

More about : compaq

a c 572 D Laptop
July 1, 2011 2:54:06 PM

Hello JJolly;

Are both your cooling fans working again?
You'll probably need to fix that fault before it's safe to use the laptop without the risk of it shutting down again.
m
l
July 1, 2011 3:19:38 PM

WR2 said:
Hello JJolly;

Are both your cooling fans working again?
You'll probably need to fix that fault before it's safe to use the laptop without the risk of it shutting down again.

I have not replaced fan I do have it on a dual fan chill mat
i want to get it to yurn on before I replace fan
it will not start all I get is as stated before

Windows has encountered a prolbem communicating with a device connected to your computer.
This error can be caused by unpluging a removable storage device such as a external USB drive while the device is in use, orby faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.
If you continue to recive this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer.
Satus: 0xc00000e9
Info An unexpected I/O error has occurred

And will not do anything else is my HDD bad ?
m
l
July 1, 2011 3:52:00 PM

Actually man I have no compac laptop so I can not help you. Recently I bought dell laptop with the help of dell coupon code.
m
l
!