Compaq

I have a 2005 Compaq R 4000 Running Windows 7, 1 of my 2 cooling fans quit working and the computer turned off. I tryed to restart and all I get is Windows Boot Manager on the top of the screen below it says

Windows has encountered a prolbem communicating with a device connected to your computer.
This error can be caused by unpluging a removable storage device such as a external USB drive while the device is in use, orby faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.
If you continue to recive this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer.
Satus: 0xc00000e9
Info An unexpected I/O error has occurred

I did use F 10 and did a self HDD test an it came back OK
3 answers Last reply
More about compaq
  1. Hello JJolly;

Are both your cooling fans working again?
    You'll probably need to fix that fault before it's safe to use the laptop without the risk of it shutting down again.
  2. WR2 said:
    Hello JJolly;

Are both your cooling fans working again?
    You'll probably need to fix that fault before it's safe to use the laptop without the risk of it shutting down again.

I have not replaced fan I do have it on a dual fan chill mat
    i want to get it to yurn on before I replace fan
    it will not start all I get is as stated before

Windows has encountered a prolbem communicating with a device connected to your computer.
    This error can be caused by unpluging a removable storage device such as a external USB drive while the device is in use, orby faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.
    If you continue to recive this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer.
    Satus: 0xc00000e9
    Info An unexpected I/O error has occurred

And will not do anything else is my HDD bad ?
  3. Actually man I have no compac laptop so I can not help you. Recently I bought dell laptop with the help of dell coupon code.
Ask a new question

Read More

Computer Compaq Devices Laptops