Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Microsoft: No Additional Windows 7 Public Betas

Last response: in News comments
February 2, 2009 4:59:28 PM

Ah yes. No official public betas. There will be leaks of RC all over the internet and the torrent sites just like the earlier builds of 7 were.
Score
February 2, 2009 11:30:17 PM

Meh. Last time I tried the Windows 7 drive for my 900GX2 still doesn't work. I tried uninstalling that driver in safe mode and downloading the one for vista that is supposed to work as well, but of course with Windows "supposed to" means there is a 50/50 chance.
Score
Related resources
February 3, 2009 12:02:06 AM

Kewl MunkyMeh. Last time I tried the Windows 7 drive for my 900GX2 still doesn't work. I tried uninstalling that driver in safe mode and downloading the one for vista that is supposed to work as well, but of course with Windows "supposed to" means there is a 50/50 chance.

Yeah. Microsoft should be more active in writing drivers for other companies hardware products. Oh wait, that isn't their job.
Score
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
February 3, 2009 3:21:54 AM

so,most likely okt28 pre-beta, jan 7 Beta, March24-31 RC, June 23 official release?
There's about a 6month timegap, between the beta release,and the projected release date....
Score
February 3, 2009 11:58:35 AM

I don't want to see 7 rushed, but I would like the opportunity to be able to purchase a license for it now and run the beta on my other computer till it is released. Doesn't MS want my money now?
Score
February 3, 2009 12:38:47 PM

If you understood what a moving target writing drivers are for a beta OS, you wouldn't be so glib. I have personally wasted thousands of hours while MS teams got their act together. Driver stacks have changed post RC candidates! MS' bottom up approach to specing releases is crap.
Score
February 3, 2009 9:49:55 PM

damn them. that's not very nice, i would have liked to try the newer betas, i got the last one up and running, personally i like some of the changes, but i dont' like its like windows vista all over again...
Score
February 3, 2009 11:34:03 PM

taybYeah. Microsoft should be more active in writing drivers for other companies hardware products. Oh wait, that isn't their job.

It's not the fact that Microsoft needs to make a driver, it's the fact that the nvidia driver download recognizes it as windows 7 and continues to download because it "should" would with it since there is no kernel difference between windows vista and 7. The only real difference is that 7 fixes most issues, and has a more polished look.

When you buy an upgrade to windows 7 from vista, you will be paying Microsoft for what could and should be a service pack.
Score
!