1.What is your budget? Around 300-400 usd preferred
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15 in-17 in
3. What screen resolution do you want? I don’t know
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable
5. How much battery life do you need? Just need a charger
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Neverwinter nights: preferred at least medium
Sims 3: low
Casual games: high
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Just gaming, internet surfing, e-mail
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? I have no idea
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? Until it breaks like my last one, a five year old gateway
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? I’d love a dvd player
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I HATE dell! Every time I dealt with Dell’s customer service it was awful. My first laptop was a dell and I had to send it back three times before I gave up on them giving me a quality laptop. I love Gateway, their service was all in America and when my hard disk drive died, they sent me a replacement at no cost with the os already installed.
13. What country do you live in? United States of America
Acer Aspire AS5552 15" Notebook $400
AMD Phenom II Dual-Core N660(3.0GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory DDR3 1066 320GB HDD 15.6" 1366x768 LCD w/ ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics.
Should run games like Neverwinter Nights 2, World of Warcraft, Left 4 Dead on low graphics.
Sims3 & Half Life 2 on medium graphics.