Windows Student?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehiddenlotus

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
I'm building a new system and have been looking around for a discounted student (since I am one) version and all I have come up with is upgrade options, which doesn't help me on a new build. Anyone know where I can buy a student discounted full retail version of Windows 7? (or 8 I guess) Just a strapped student trying to save money...

Oh and I'm in the US.

Solution
$69.99 for Windows 8 is probably as good as you are going to get, but you might want to check out Microsoft Dreamspark:
https://www.dreamspark.com/

As a student you can download a lot of MS software and training tools for free. No Office suites or consumer OS', but you can get Windows Server. If your school has DreamSpark Premium, you can download almost any Microsoft software, including Windows 7/8, but you would have to be eligible and I think your school's program administrator would have to get you access.

--Russel

rusabus

Distinguished
May 19, 2007
$69.99 for Windows 8 is probably as good as you are going to get, but you might want to check out Microsoft Dreamspark:
https://www.dreamspark.com/

As a student you can download a lot of MS software and training tools for free. No Office suites or consumer OS', but you can get Windows Server. If your school has DreamSpark Premium, you can download almost any Microsoft software, including Windows 7/8, but you would have to be eligible and I think your school's program administrator would have to get you access.

--Russel

Solution

thehiddenlotus

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

WOW, awesome tip Russel. I just signed up for it using my .edu email address and instantly got access. I don't see anywhere to download Windows 7/8 though so I guess my school must not have premium...

Dreamspark (which does not include Windows 7/8) is available to all post secondary students.

Dreamspark Premium requires a subscription from your institution and is only available to students in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.