Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Computer keeps rebooting

Last response: in Windows 7
February 13, 2013 7:43:35 PM

Last night, I forced shut down my laptop, holding the power button. Now it won't load Windows at all. It turns on, the IBM thing comes on, it's a blank screen with a __ at the top right that's blinking. Then it restarts, and the process starts all over again. I have forced shut down my laptop a lot of times, bit this the first time this ever happened.

More about : computer rebooting

a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
February 13, 2013 8:06:23 PM

sounds like a software issue.... have you tryed safe mode? (f8 at startup)
Score
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
February 13, 2013 8:11:10 PM

sound like the hard drive has died. try removing the hard drive with the battery and ac power unplugged and see if the laptop will post to a black screen with a no boot device message found. I would also try on another pc a hirem bood cd or usb stick to see if the system with the dead drive in it will post to it. if not pull the drive.
Score
Related resources
February 13, 2013 8:29:37 PM

F8 doesn't work, and its not the hard drive isn't the problem, i took it out and something else appeared.
Score

Best solution

a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
February 13, 2013 8:31:21 PM

do you have the windows DVD... boot off of that and do a repair.
February 13, 2013 8:42:22 PM

Startup repair isn't doing anything either. I also did system restore, same problem
Score
February 13, 2013 8:48:19 PM

ballerslife said:
Last night, I forced shut down my laptop, holding the power button. Now it won't load Windows at all. It turns on, the IBM thing comes on, it's a blank screen with a __ at the top right that's blinking. Then it restarts, and the process starts all over again. I have forced shut down my laptop a lot of times, bit this the first time this ever happened.

Sounds like what happens to my motherboard when I push my overclock too high. It literally does nothing except try to POST with a little under-dash at top of the screen.

It's possible you fried your laptop, bro. But, if you haven't done this yet try taking out the battery and leaving it out for a while to see if you can reset the BIOS settings (make sure it's not plugged into the wall either).
Score
February 13, 2013 9:35:34 PM

It's not fried, just installed fresh coy of Windows.
Score
February 13, 2013 9:35:53 PM

Best answer selected by Ballerslife.
Score
a c 248 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
February 14, 2013 8:03:33 PM

This topic has been closed by Brett928S2
Score
!