Computer keeps rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballerslife

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2013
Last night, I forced shut down my laptop, holding the power button. Now it won't load Windows at all. It turns on, the IBM thing comes on, it's a blank screen with a __ at the top right that's blinking. Then it restarts, and the process starts all over again. I have forced shut down my laptop a lot of times, bit this the first time this ever happened.

sound like the hard drive has died. try removing the hard drive with the battery and ac power unplugged and see if the laptop will post to a black screen with a no boot device message found. I would also try on another pc a hirem bood cd or usb stick to see if the system with the dead drive in it will post to it. if not pull the drive.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006

Sounds like what happens to my motherboard when I push my overclock too high. It literally does nothing except try to POST with a little under-dash at top of the screen.

It's possible you fried your laptop, bro. But, if you haven't done this yet try taking out the battery and leaving it out for a while to see if you can reset the BIOS settings (make sure it's not plugged into the wall either).

Status
Not open for further replies.