Polymorphing in bed

The Polymorph spell states that when the recipient changes shape, he
heals damage as though he had slept a night. My players insist that if
the recipient polymorphs while in bed, he heals as if he had gotten a
night's bedrest (3 times the level in hit points). Is this true?

Would it also work for a druid, turning into an animal while in bed?

What if the druid turned into a wolf and then dressed up like grandma?

Thanks,

- Ron ^*^

"Werebat" <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in message

> What if the druid turned into a wolf and then dressed up like
> grandma?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Ron ^*^

A woodsman (Ranger 15+) would come and cut you up hoping to find
Grandma inside.
Unfortunately all he would find is a spleen.

Decaying Atheist wrote:
> "Werebat" <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in message
> >
> > What if the druid turned into a wolf and then dressed up like
> > grandma?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > - Ron ^*^
> >

> A woodsman (Ranger 15+) would come and cut you up hoping to find
> Grandma inside.
> Unfortunately all he would find is a spleen.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Walt Smith
Firelock on DALNet

Werebat wrote:

> What if the druid turned into a wolf and then dressed up like
grandma?

"Grandmother first, then Miss Plump...
What a delectable couple..."

--
Jay Knioum
The Mad Afro

I don't think that would work, Polymorphing in bed to gain more HP.
-Dragonkat

"Werebat" <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in message

> The Polymorph spell states that when the recipient changes shape, he
> heals damage as though he had slept a night. My players insist that if
> the recipient polymorphs while in bed, he heals as if he had gotten a
> night's bedrest (3 times the level in hit points). Is this true?

The player loses the healing from sleeping poorly and interrupting
sleep with the polymorph. End result is at best equivalent to a nights
rest with perhaps extra penalties the next day due to poor sleep.
I remember a precedent for this somewhere. Now if I could just
remember where. It might have fallen under something such
as the party getting attacked while sleeping. Could have been
in D&D, 1E, 2E, 3E, or 3.5. Not quite the same kind of disturbance
but the same idea and results.

An alternative is to allow the polymorph, but the castor has to rest
before being able to do polymorph again. It depends on what class
and who the target is. In this sense, the polymorph is separate
from sleeping. I have to wonder about being able to restore lost spells
while polymorphed.

Maybe more if I get some time to look it up.

madafro@sbcglobal.net wrote:
>>What if the druid turned into a wolf and then dressed up like
>
> grandma?
>
> "Grandmother first, then Miss Plump...
> What a delectable couple..."

You may be pleased to know that you weren't the only one to be thinking
of that little number.

Alexander Case wrote:
> madafro@sbcglobal.net wrote:
> >>What if the druid turned into a wolf and then dressed up like
> >
> > grandma?
> >
> > "Grandmother first, then Miss Plump...
> > What a delectable couple..."
>
> You may be pleased to know that you weren't the only one to be
thinking
> of that little number.

"Isn't it nice to know a lot?
...And a little bit...not."

--
Jay Knioum
The Mad Afro

CryptWolf wrote:

> "Werebat" <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in message
>
>>The Polymorph spell states that when the recipient changes shape, he
>>heals damage as though he had slept a night. My players insist that if
>>the recipient polymorphs while in bed, he heals as if he had gotten a
>>night's bedrest (3 times the level in hit points). Is this true?
>

> The player loses the healing from sleeping poorly and interrupting
> sleep with the polymorph. End result is at best equivalent to a nights
> rest with perhaps extra penalties the next day due to poor sleep.
> I remember a precedent for this somewhere. Now if I could just
> remember where. It might have fallen under something such
> as the party getting attacked while sleeping. Could have been
> in D&D, 1E, 2E, 3E, or 3.5. Not quite the same kind of disturbance
> but the same idea and results.
>
> An alternative is to allow the polymorph, but the castor has to rest
> before being able to do polymorph again. It depends on what class
> and who the target is. In this sense, the polymorph is separate
> from sleeping. I have to wonder about being able to restore lost spells
> while polymorphed.
>
> Maybe more if I get some time to look it up.

....Wow.

I really didn't expect to actually snag anyone with that. I'm amazed.

And that's saying something.

- Ron ^*^

presto

Distinguished
May 30, 2002

"Decaying Atheist" <harker@coxdot.net> wrote in message
> Well the Spleen is the most hated organ of the body.
> People vent it all the time.
>
> Some other useless facts about the Spleen.
>
> The Spleen developed the first steam engine but most people
> didn't care because it was a Spleen.
>
> The Spleen holds patents on about 1,000 different inventions.
>
> The Spleen held the office of Mayor of Dover Delaware
> for seventeen years but nobody noticed.

Ah, yes... Dover, Delaware. The city that means well!

--
==========
Are you a RPG Player?

"Getting it on with a Saudi prince, it does
have its advantages. First of all, they have
plenty of lubrication. And when you're done,
there's always a towel handy."

- Bill Maher

"Presto" <donotuse@thisaddress.no> wrote in message
> "Decaying Atheist" <harker@coxdot.net> wrote in message
>> Well the Spleen is the most hated organ of the body.
>> People vent it all the time.
>>
>> Some other useless facts about the Spleen.
>>
>> The Spleen developed the first steam engine but most people
>> didn't care because it was a Spleen.
>>
>> The Spleen holds patents on about 1,000 different inventions.
>>
>> The Spleen held the office of Mayor of Dover Delaware
>> for seventeen years but nobody noticed.
>
> Ah, yes... Dover, Delaware. The city that means well!

I am reminded of a little brother who tags along everywhere you
go when I think of Delaware. Not the annoying brother who
wants to do everything you are doing. Just the sneaky kind
that follows around watching so he has fodder to report to
your parents.

I intend no offense to the fine state of Delaware, Dover's mayor,
or the citizens of Delaware. *Standard legal disclaimer*

Decaying Atheist wrote:

> And knowing is half the battle.

The other half is *winning*.

--
Nik
- remove vermin from email address to reply.

elfbard wrote:

> I want a lover who can polymorph in bed.....

Don't we all, Elfbard? Don't we all?

- Ron ^*^

Jasin Zujovic wrote:
> matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com wrote:
>
>> And even the people who do know probably haven't heard about taking
>> perfectly um...normal...realdolls, and turning them into dark elves.
>
> I've heard, but I haven't been able to find pictures (if they exist)...

http://www.xkot.net/images/blue03.jpg
http://www.xkot.net/images/blue06.jpg
http://www.xkot.net/images/blue08.jpg
http://www.xkot.net/images/blue10.jpg
http://www.xkot.net/images/blue12.jpg

Google is your friend. ;)

--
Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you

Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked,
and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to
danger. It works the same in any country.

Christopher Adams wrote:
> Jasin Zujovic wrote:
>
>>matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com wrote:
>>

>>>And even the people who do know probably haven't heard about taking
>>>perfectly um...normal...realdolls, and turning them into dark elves.
>>
>>I've heard, but I haven't been able to find pictures (if they exist)...
>

> http://www.xkot.net/images/blue03.jpg
> http://www.xkot.net/images/blue06.jpg
> http://www.xkot.net/images/blue08.jpg
> http://www.xkot.net/images/blue10.jpg
> http://www.xkot.net/images/blue12.jpg
>
> Google is your friend. ;)

That's not really as impressive as I'd hoped. I mean, if you're gonna
go with Drow, make her BLACK. With red eyes, white hair, the works.

I also think the white eyebrows in the images look cheesy.

- Ron ^*^

Christopher Adams wrote:
>> http://www.xkot.net/images/blue03.jpg
>> http://www.xkot.net/images/blue06.jpg
>> http://www.xkot.net/images/blue08.jpg
>> http://www.xkot.net/images/blue10.jpg
>> http://www.xkot.net/images/blue12.jpg
>>
>> Google is your friend. ;)

Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote:
> That's not really as impressive as I'd hoped. I mean, if you're gonna
> go with Drow, make her BLACK. With red eyes, white hair, the works.

It's not supposed to be a drow; it's an Everquest dark elf, as Matt
Frisch pointed out upthread.
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd