Dude your getting a Dell

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
I don't know if it's Intel I don't like or that dorky dell dweep. And that other black hair kid looks just as goofy. Is Dell just for goofy people?
I don't know, but using goofy people to sell a product doesn't seem like a good ideal to me. Now the mar shins have invaded.

defrage is child's play-fdisk

eden

Champion
I'm not even looking at those guys unless they start selling AMDs.

--
The other day I heard an explosion from the other side of town.... It was a 486 booting up...

Intel_inside

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
Don't count on it, dell sells many systems and has contracts with many companies, and has a reputation for selling solid computers. AMD cpu's would be a support NIGHTMARE for dell. People who use their computer for schoolwork and jobs do not have time to deal with faulty cpu's and such. I'm sure they would lose millions of dollars on tech support alone if they chose to sells systems with fragile athlon cpu's.

<i>AMD's thermal protection: as seen in tom's burning chip video</i>

CoOLMaNX

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
lose millions on tech support, or do ya mean on faulty products? cause i'm pretty sure the tech support people wouldn't ask for a raise just to do their jobs. and if dell only sells intel products and you claim it to be so stable and whatnot, why do they need tech support?

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
AMDMeltdown and Intel_inside are still dim-witted! Only Fugger has seen the light and is finally posting sensibly.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
AMD_Man, one sensible post or two does not a reformed troll make, fugger still is, and will for quite some time, still be fugger.

His life consisists of spewing FFF(thats fugger fabricated facts for short) and then he resorts to name calling and thowing tantrems.

^the above was borrowed from someone, but I cant recall who always said it when fugger lied.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
That would be me.

Some long time ago I asked an "amd or intel" question and got a ton of good, unbiased information from many different people. Fugger responded with his usual anti-AMD venom, and I got rather irked that he tried to MISLEAD me with biased information rather then simply present facts.

Since then, whenever I see him respond with his usual misinformed information, I respond with the FFF so that the newcomer won't take him seriously.

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

Intel_inside

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
Matisaro, one sensible post or two does not a reformed troll make, matisaro still is, and will for quite some time, still be matisaro.

His life consisists of spewing MFF(thats matisaro fabricated flames for short) and then he resorts to name calling and thowing tantrems.

^the above was borrowed from someone, but I cant recall who always said it when matisaro had a childish fit.

CoOLMaNX

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
i agree, but back to the dell situation or maybe, if intel products are that great (somehow these people think that as long as theirs an intel chip the rest of their system will run great) then why not spend the majority of your cash on the p4 itself, get a POS board with a POS vid card and sound and a POS psu and POS ram and only spend about $200 for all of that (excluding the p4 itself) and it will cost just as much as an AMD system, and let's see how great that p4 is ;)

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
ROFLMAO. Having extra problems. I can see that u mothervcking trolls have no place to point at, so are sticking to thermal protection bullshiit. Well, guess what, that don't matter. How does teh averag ekid doing homework pull off his/her heatsink(remember, they're not as dumb as you). Jeez man, I see tons of companies selling AMD with PRIDE, and you know what, it seems those companies are getting more customers! maybe it's cause I have made sure everyone in my grade knows AMD is better, but hey, maybe it's just cause it's a cheaper, better product! Go jerk off or something, leave this forums...forever.

My rice car will leave your R8500 in the dust!

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

maybe it's cause I have made sure everyone in my grade knows AMD is better

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My friend was looking to upgrade, but he already heard that. I didn't have to tell him.

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I told my neighbor I could build him an entire AMD computer cheaper than a Dell, and it would perform better, and have all quality name brand parts inside (unlike Dell which will throw in generic crap once in awhile).
Well turns out he decided to buy a Dell, though I'm not sure which model I'll find out soon because he wants me to put it together for him. I have a feeling its a 1.6 GHz P4 with SDRAM. I tried to warn him that option was taking new technology and mixing it with old cheap technology but seems like he didn't listen.

Welcome to the end of your life Mr. Intel CPU. Don't worry I promise its going to hurt.

PCHardstuff

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2001
I am getting so sick of flames I'm about to shoot a huge fireball out of my a$$. "MY PROCESSOR HAS A BIGGER *#@#! THAN YOUR PR0CESSOR!" Jeeezzz, If you prefer Intel buy Intel, if you prefer AMD buy AMD. I can't understand the hatred Intel users have for AMD users and vice versa. Why do you have to wave either flag? The way you guys act is almost like your on thier (AMD or Intel's) payroll. Just admit that Intel has its merits and AMD has its merits and get over it. We all know by now AMD's price/performance is much better than Intel's. We also know that Intel's thermal solution is much better than AMD's. Let's move on.

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
Yup, you sure seem like Matisaro to me...

Maybe we should pin a note to Intel_Inside's forehead, just so he remembers that his real name is "troll." :wink:

Kelledin
[dave@discovery ~] kill -9 1
init: Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
I am getting so sick of flames I'm about to shoot a huge fireball out of my a$$. "MY PROCESSOR HAS A BIGGER *#@#! THAN YOUR PR0CESSOR!" Jeeezzz,
I don't think some of us can get over it, at least not the power user. Were not the only guilty ones. If word get's around AMD is faster, Intel comes out with something faster. And AMD doesn't like that, so they come out with something faster yet. I'll stop when those too stop and become equal.
By the way I use my PC for gaming, and AMD just happens to be faster doing that. If I did something else and Intel was faster then I'd use them. If Intel beats AMD in gaming, I'll switch, but first wait and see what AMD does. Other words I think their both are good as long as they have problem free hardware. As for the bashers, we need them too to keep us on our toes.

We all know by now AMD's price/performance is much better than Intel's.
What if they cost the same?

Intel_inside

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
sorry I don't think so, the only troll I see in this thread is matisaro. Maybe one day he may grow up and stop posting trolls but untill then we will all have to smile and nod and ignore his blather.