HP DV6000 no display at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazycat2

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Hi,

I have a 2 year old hp dv6000 which was ok until yesterday. I turned it off and in morning, there was nothing in display. I notice the hdd led just blinks once when i press the power button but that's it. There is no noise or anything like that.

I tried the discharge-all method (remove all power sources, press power button for 60 secs etc) but to no avail.

It doesn't work in external minotor either.

Tried it without hdd and ram....no change.

wat cld be the problem please?

The problem is that its an HP DV series. Does it have an Nvidia chipset in it? Nvidia just settled a class action lawsuit for bad chips, primarily in the DV series because of bad chip. There is 4 options for you. 1, sent it to HP and pay whatever they are going to charge you and hopefully they offer a replacement system instead. 2, find someone in your area with a profession reflow/reball machine to reflow or reball the offending chip. This may fix it or it may reoccur as the chip is the problem. 3, find the same person and have them order and replace the chip, something no in the "a" series but more the "c" series, which are chips that have been fixed. 4, sell it for parts on ebay and buy something else.

I'm about 90% sure thats what the problem is. I fix these types of problems and see it all the time, especially in the HP DV series from a few years ago. Too bad the class action law suit is done because you can't get in on it now or else they would have replaced it for you for free with something better.

crazycat2

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
thanks Guys. These are not the news I was expecting but I guess I have no option to throw it away in one of the ways u mentioned n buy a new one, NOT HP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS