AMD Heat Problem.

G

Hi, guyz..i think u all can found information about AMD AThlon Processor that will spoilt if the cooling fan melfunction already rite? Anyone know is that currently any motherboard comes with Special Heat Protection for AMD ?? When will we see it in the market? hmm..... AMD is best of the best just because of this heat problem, i still not sure which to buy between Pentium and AMD...... thanx for any advice...!! :D

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
The Asus A7V266-E has CPU Overheat Protection (C.O.P) which protects your CPU in case of a fan failure. It's not quite so effective if the HSF falls off; it seems to have a 50% save rate in this case.

Kelledin
[dave@discovery ~] kill -9 1
init: Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?

G

thanx for the reply..
today i hav a look to the computer shop..the ppl there told me...now most motherboard aledi equip wif that feature..but is tat true?

FatBurger

Illustrious
No, it's not true. Tell them they're full of crap and run away :wink:

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

G

Hi guys, I'm a noob on this forum and am planning an upgrade to my PC.

I'm currently running a P4-1700 with 512MB SDRAM and a GF3.

I've been reading all the reviews here and I was thinking towards a Athlon XP 2000+ on the Asus Mobo with a Radeon 8500. But then I saw the video of the Athlon chips going up in smoke, and now I'm worried. Are the mobos/CPU's safe now? I don't want to give out all that mula for something that'll die on me.

Your advice?

-G

CoOLMaNX

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
your system is sweet as it is, just get a new board that supports the ddr and you'll be fine. unless you have the money then an axp2000+ would do you good, and the geforce3 ti500 for gaming or the radeon 8500 for dvd playback, just my opinion. and an amd system is safe as long as you dont pull off the heatsink while running your computer :) i've booted my computer into windows XP with just the heatsink and no fans, nothing happened :)

more bang for thy buck gives me better benches then matisaro ;)

G

Ok. Cool. So if I stick with my CPU, what P4 Mobo you recommend? An Asus? And I use my machine JUST for gaming, so you recommend the TI-500 for gaming? Why not the Radeon 8500? Is the TI-500 better for gaming?

-G

G

aha...
onli worry when you closed the casing and the fan suddenly fail aledi and u duno and keep enjoy the smoke
haha:D

FatBurger

Illustrious
Abit TH7-II or Asus P4T-E

Both with the Intel i850 chipset.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>