Cannot get surround 5.1 to work on win 7

tarleton

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
Hi Guys,

Just found a Sharp 5.1 system in my garage. I've rigged it up, all the speakers work fine when playing the radio etc. However it only plays sounds out of one speaker

In the Speaker Configuration tab in Realtek Audio Manager HD it detects there are 5 speakers and a sub however when I click on the sub it plays sounds out two speakers and none of other ones do anything...

Suggestions?

on the back of the pc sound cards most times when you do 5.1 sound your going to use the green port for the main speakers and orange/black and gray for center/rear/front speakers. also make sure running the newest 2.7 sound drivers. in the sound panel if the speakers are set up right you should be able to pull down the suround sound under speaker config.the default is stereo. there sould be under the pull down 5.1 and 7.1 sound.

tarleton

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
Thanks for getting back so quickly. My sub only has Digital Aux out so it goes from red n white to the 35ml jack. Do i need to get a cord that goes from Red n White to 3 35mls?

In Realtek i can choose 5.1 but still doesn't play it out of the speakers...

you might have to get from a local store one of those cables. is there a main unit that all the speakers plug into or are the 3 sets...all have 3.5 headphone ports. with the sound card using green port for front speakers..some speaker set up have the sub output on one of the speak sets some time. it hard to tell you how to set it up without a model number of the speaker kit.