Copy of broadband web site

Last response: in Networking
December 17, 2004 1:48:17 PM

For the Microsoft guys:

Would it be possible to have the broad band networking web site rolled up
into a downloadable package after MS decides to take it offline? I really
like some of the articles as they are for the most part pretty well written.
While the help files that come with the BB networking utility are pretty
darn good, I'd like the articles on the web site as well.

-Pete
Anonymous
December 17, 2004 1:48:18 PM

You can do it yourself, and select what you want. In Internet Explorer, go
into Help and look up "offline Web browsing."
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Pete Delgado" <PeteDelgado@noads.com> wrote in message
> For the Microsoft guys:
>
> Would it be possible to have the broad band networking web site rolled up
> into a downloadable package after MS decides to take it offline? I really
> like some of the articles as they are for the most part pretty well
> written. While the help files that come with the BB networking utility are
> pretty darn good, I'd like the articles on the web site as well.
>
> -Pete

Anonymous
December 17, 2004 3:41:31 PM

"Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o rNN$ZF5EHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> You can do it yourself, and select what you want. In Internet Explorer,
> go into Help and look up "offline Web browsing."

The problem with your suggestion is that it is not easy to take the files
from one computer to another so I would have to do this on all systems and
the second problem is that the offline synchronization only goes 3 links
deep maximum. Lastly, if one were to clean up the temporary internet files
to regain disk space the files would be lost.

-Pete
Anonymous
December 17, 2004 3:41:32 PM

You may want to take a look in Help and Support, Pete, and do a Search for
"Set up your computer to use offline files." You'll find you can save those
files, share them among LAN machines, etc.
--

!