Intel HD 3000 Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

sileb13

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
Hey,

So I'm in the market for a new laptop and I've been looking into systems with Sandy Bridge chips and the best I could seem to find (at the top of my price range) was this HP ProBook.

Since I'm a bit of a gamer, I've been looking around for reviews on the integrated graphics (I've heard good things about HD 3000) and the only thing I can seem to find with a decent number of gaming reviews is here and that's for a higher end desktop CPU.

So I was wondering, will the Core i3 2310m w/integrated graphics be able to handle games as well as the 2500K? And, could someone please find me a good review for one of these, or better yet, a comparison between intel hd 3000 and AMD's A-series fusion chips?

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Lol! You've heard good things about it? Well... Poor-man's gaming is never a good source... What is your budget? A probook is a pretty expensive laptop... they are business orientated, not for gaming.

sileb13

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010

My budget is $500, what do you recommend? Keep in mind, this is not solely for gaming, I need to get all my school work done on it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.