Sign in with
Your question

Suggest me a mainboard for Celeron 1,2GHz

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 4, 2002 7:24:55 AM

Which mainboard should i get for the Intel Celeron 1,2GHz?

Asus TUSL2
Abit ST6
MSI 815EPT Pro
or something else?

Help!
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 4, 2002 11:56:31 AM

And what makes Asus better than Abit or MSI ??
Related resources
January 4, 2002 7:00:16 PM

As far as <i>brand</i> goes, all are equally good.
In regard to the specific boards, the TUSL2 is the successor of the Asus CUSL2-C. The CUSL2-C has been arguably the best i815 motherboard ever made--rock solid, excellent peformance, outstanding overclockability, great compatability, etc. etc. etc.
Just take a look at all the benchmarks and reviews.......since the TUSL2-C is the successor of the CUSL2--the same exact board with the support of the Tualatin, you would think it is just as good.

See a real naked pic of Britney Spears <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stick_e_mouse" target="_new">here</A>!!!
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 5, 2002 5:26:33 PM

Ok, i guess i'll go for the Asus TUSL2.

Stability is most important for me, but what do you think about the Abit ST6, i read about the Softmenu 3 and stuff like that which makes Abit great for overclocking.
Or is Asus just as good?
January 5, 2002 5:33:53 PM

I have used ASUS for 7 years with great success. I have an CUSL2-C and a new A7V266-E both are rock stable. My son has
an ABIT KG7 raid and is very pleased with it also. ASUS and ABIT are great for oc. You would like either brand.

<font color=blue>Remember.... You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink:
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 5, 2002 6:08:20 PM

Yep, I'll choose Asus.

But what differences there are between TUSL2 and TUSL2-C ?
TUSL2 has integrated graphics, right? Any other differences?
And what is TUSL2-C WOA ??
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 5, 2002 6:39:29 PM

Well, I guess the TUSL2-C would be the best choice because i don't want anything integrated stuff.
And TUSL2-C doesn't have anything integrated, except optional audio, right?
But i still didn't find what's with that TUSL2-C WOA ??
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 5, 2002 7:16:08 PM

Oh, now i get it! WOA means "with out audio" right? It doesn't have integrated audio.

Ok, one more thing...is the integrated audio any good, or should i get the WOA-version (it's cheaper) and a "real" soundcard instead?
Thanks for any comments.
January 5, 2002 7:22:10 PM

The onboard sound is ok but I think you would be more happy with a
added sound card. Turtle beach Santa Cruz is very good and stable.

<font color=blue>Remember.... You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink:
January 5, 2002 7:49:23 PM

Most people that overclock the Celeron's that I talk to prefer the ST6, better voltage control I believe...
there is an issue of using memory at CAS2 @ 133, but I've only seen where one guy had that problem, it may have been an isolated incident.

----------------------
Independant thought is good.
It won't hurt for long.
!