Sign in with
Your question

opinions

Last response: in CPUs
January 4, 2002 2:22:41 PM

sorry for posting this here..... but i need help fast.... theres a bug in the mobo forum... cant seem to post anythin.... sooooo....i'm looking for the best mobo which uses DDR RAM and can support an AMD Athlon XP 1900+... i heard the MSI K7T266 Pro 2-RU is good... the ASUS A7V266... the ali magik and the SiS... which is the best?? gimme your opinions please....

More about : opinions

January 4, 2002 2:30:56 PM

Well, for OVERALL Perofrmance, reliability etc. hands down is the ASUS A7V266-# witht he Via KT266A Chipset.....not to far behind is the Epox 8KHA+, great board......no raid support however.....

For the Ali MAGIK1 Chipset, I'd say the ASUS A7A266 is the best, witt he Ali MAGIK 1 chipset Revision 'C' it's just THAT much more better =)

For SiS735 Chipset, there's not many Boards to choose from, I heard theres a Leadtek Motherboard that has the SiS735 on it......other than that you stuck with the ECS K7S5A or the PC CHIPS M830LR which both have the SiS735 chipset..very CHEAP boards (in price) but good performersm assuming u get a good one that PASSED the quality Control center of ECS....

-MeTaL RoCkEr

My <font color=red>Z28</font color=red> can take your <font color=blue>P4</font color=blue> off the line!
January 4, 2002 2:43:36 PM

Quote:

For the Ali MAGIK1 Chipset, I'd say the ASUS A7A266 is the best, witt he Ali MAGIK 1 chipset Revision 'C' it's just THAT much more better =)

Disagree there, the Iwill XP333 is probably the best mobo for the Athlon platform!

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
Related resources
January 4, 2002 2:46:23 PM

ur saying i should get the ASUS?
January 4, 2002 3:20:34 PM

What about the SOYO Dragon?
January 4, 2002 3:40:39 PM

never heard of the SOYO..... no seriously.... which is the best? one answer please... i get damn confused by multipleanswers and feedbacks... :) 
January 4, 2002 4:22:29 PM

Well.....it depends on hwo much u want to Spend....where I live I can get the A7V266-E for $265, or i can get the Epox 8KHA+ for $185....and the Epox board is just a TAD slower than the Asus board (in benchmarks, you NEVER EVER NOTICE in real life) but Asus has far better support.....thats y i say go with the asus board =) i was just sayign the Epox will save u money and will run exactly like the Asus......its up to u..i recomend both......but if u want the brand name...go with Asus....

and AMD_Man.......i said the A7A266 because i dont know anything about this IWill board you just mentioned.....

-MeTaL RoCkEr

My <font color=red>Z28</font color=red> can take your <font color=blue>P4</font color=blue> off the line!
January 4, 2002 5:31:22 PM

EDIT:

Well, after noticing that the Iwill XP333 is only $99 at Newegg, I'm going to agree on that board. I might have to pick one up for myself.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by FatBurger on 01/04/02 11:37 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
!